Corsair Community

Odd iCUE Thread Operations

Sojourner1

My iCUE software is up to date.

Noticing odd thread activity with my iCUE. It is constantly using CPU resources, which led me to do some logging with Process Monitor. It doesn't take much system resources up, but it is strangely causing lag in my games. I know this as I have eliminated all other programs from running in the background. Looks like iCUE is repeatedly creating, querying, and closing the same files over and over again:

https://imgur.com/a/Neq7sgy

OK, so the problem came back after the reinstall but I figured it out. I have about 20 or so profiles linked to executables, and the thread activity was basically iCUE scanning for whether or not those executables were running or not.

So I got rid of the executable links and the problem has gone away. It's a good method in theory, but I guess with so many executables being monitored, it was just enough to cause issues with my hard drive and slow down the read/writes. Or something. That's my theory anyway.

What I've done is made an alternate desktop profile that is triggered by the Application key, and all of the other profiles can be triggered through the alt profile.