Corsair Community

RGB Fans

Wingts96

Howdy all built myself a new rig with all corsair parts except the case. Running a:

K63 keyboard

Dark Core RGB Mouse

ST100 Head stand

Vengance RGB Pro Ram

4 x 120mm LL RGB Fans

I'm having two problems i have two fans connected to the radiator Corsair H100iv2 which both work but the two extra fans in the case wont light up, they work so they have power but no lights are working (these are all brand new).

The ICUE software is setup as LL fans 4 connected and they show the lighting is working but nothing on the fans. The other issue is even though ICUE shows the mouse RGB lights to be working they too don't light up. The mouse works fine even the macro i made for it but no lights whether i plug it in or run it in 2.4ghz

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having two problems i have two fans connected to the radiator Corsair H100iv2 which both work but the two extra fans in the case wont light up, they work so they have power but no lights are working (these are all brand new).

The "two extra fans"? I am not sure I understand the set-up. 2 LL120 on the radiator. 2 LL120 as case fans? Make sure your fans are in order 1-4 on the small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub. That power regulator works in series, so you cannot skip slots. If they are set up 1-4, you have enabled the LL series - 4 fans in the Lighting Set-up in the software, then try temporarily moving the connectors around in the 1-4 slots. It works in series, so if there is a break after fan #2, the 3-4 won't work. Move #2 to #1. Does 2-4 go out? Or move #2 to #4. Do they all light up?

Mouse - Make sure you are working in a software profile and NOT any of the HW profiles with a different icon and names like "Dark Core RGB Wireless HW1"

Hi there the fans are plugged in 1-4 and yes I have two fans in the radiator and two in the case. I will change the fans position and see if that helps.

I fixed the mouse there is a power save setting in the ICUE that turns off the LED lights 🙄. Will update when I have tried the fans thank you for the advice.

The "two extra fans"? I am not sure I understand the set-up. 2 LL120 on the radiator. 2 LL120 as case fans? Make sure your fans are in order 1-4 on the small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub. That power regulator works in series, so you cannot skip slots. If they are set up 1-4, you have enabled the LL series - 4 fans in the Lighting Set-up in the software, then try temporarily moving the connectors around in the 1-4 slots. It works in series, so if there is a break after fan #2, the 3-4 won't work. Move #2 to #1. Does 2-4 go out? Or move #2 to #4. Do they all light up?

Mouse - Make sure you are working in a software profile and NOT any of the HW profiles with a different icon and names like "Dark Core RGB Wireless HW1"

Thanks heaps,

You where spot on, although I'm still not sure how to determine how the fans are inline or not i just switched the connectors into the node until they all worked.

Machine is up and running and looking great. Can now relax lol :)

OK, presumptive theory at this point is you have one "bad fan" that has a break at the end of its chain. You must now have it in the #4 position so it is not affecting any others. Check to make sure all parts of the fan are lit (ring and 4 center sections).

As long as the lights are on, this will be fine. However, that one fan will always need to be last. You do have the option of replacing it through Corsair, although I don't think I would be happy with sending it in and waiting a week or two to get it back. Maybe if they will do an Advance RMA with a credit card hold to replace it, then you ship the defective one back after receiving the new one. You can confirm this theory by switching #4 to #1. If all the others go out, that is the break in the chain.

OK, presumptive theory at this point is you have one "bad fan" that has a break at the end of its chain. You must now have it in the #4 position so it is not affecting any others. Check to make sure all parts of the fan are lit (ring and 4 center sections).

As long as the lights are on, this will be fine. However, that one fan will always need to be last. You do have the option of replacing it through Corsair, although I don't think I would be happy with sending it in and waiting a week or two to get it back. Maybe if they will do an Advance RMA with a credit card hold to replace it, then you ship the defective one back after receiving the new one. You can confirm this theory by switching #4 to #1. If all the others go out, that is the break in the chain.

Ok that makes sense. I'll leave it for now but will keep an eye on it.