Corsair Community

laptop keyboard, how to set RGB to turn off when lid closes

szjalo

Hi, have a Legion Y740 which comes with iCube software to control keyboard lights. One problem I encountered: the laptop (windows 10) is set to do nothing when lid closes, so the screen turns off but everything else is functional [i actually heavily rely on this feature, to keep the progress/process and to prevent the cat from jumping to the keyboard]. However, I noticed that the RGB lights are actually kept on when the lid is closed. As a result, after few hours the lid will be quite hot even the screen is off.

In Windows 10 power options, I don't see any option related to keyboard backlights. Is there a way in iCube I can set to automatically turn off the RGB effect(s) when the lid is closed?

Thanks.

The your laptop is set to supply power through the USB ports when is the various lower power states. That is something you would have to change in the BIOS.

As for the keyboard end, you can set iCUE to "instant lighting black" before closing, set up a profile on the keyboard that is dark, or set a HW profile for the keyboard (assuming iCUE is not functioning when the lid is closed) to all black. However, I am not sure if any of those things will help with the heat issue. It may not be the lighting keeping things warm. You'll have to see.