Corsair Community

proper ram timmings

warrior68

I know this question is asked alot but what would the proper ram timmings on my twinx 1024-3200xl ram overclock @ 11x230.Right now iam at 2.5-3-3-11 is this to loose or should i try to tighten up timming a bit.I want the best performance but still stable.thanks

Are you still on 1T or at 2T ? I think you have the best timings possible for a Nforce 3chipset mate. I also cannot operate my XL ram on my Abit AV8 with 2-2-2-5 above 215Mhz I needed to loosen the timings too, now they are at 240Mhz at 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.8 volts. But at multiplier 10 with my Newcastle core 3500. Do you use a Winchester core CPU ? What are the temps you are having under idle and full load conditions ? This is optimum (I hope) for the Via chipset but the Nforce 3 operates best at 10 or 11 like you have. So I think if it runs smooth and stable you're at your best dude

Right now iam running 1t-2.5-3-3-11 11x230fsb with a newcastle core @1.6 volts,ram at 2.8 volts.I recently upgraded my processor cooler and power supply and things are very stable.Temps are good to 35c at idle 50c doing some sweet gaming.Thanks for the feed back bro

a 6800Gt or even cheaper a 6600Gt and about the same performance as the 6800GT an ATI X800XL if they get it with the AGP bus ( do not get the pro version they suck 12 pipelines and more expensive) or if you have big bucks go for ATI X800XT but there are new cards in the pipeline , it might be better to wait a few months it the 9800pro still fullfills your needs for raw gaming. But I can guarantee that you will be blown of your socks with the latest generation on cards they rock !!!

Archived