Corsair Community

Multiple Commander Pro's, single thermal sensor -- how to?

Mike-G

I'm doing a new build with 2 Commander Pros. I have a Bitspower thermal sensor as part of my cooling loop that I'd like to use with both CPros. [This forum thread indicates the sensor is compatible with the CPro], so I'm not concerned about one of the CPro's being able to see the sensor's reading.

I would like to define fan profiles in each of the CPro's that are based on that single sensor.

I've read there are sometimes conflicts when multiple applications/devices try to read the values from a single sensor at the same time (I'm thinking back to articles about HWInfo and iCUE). So the first question would be would a similar problem exist between 2 CPro's?

If there are no conflicts, then is it possible to connect the sensor to CPro-A and make that value available to CPro-B as well?

If the CPro's can't share sensor readings with each other, then if I connect the sensor to a thermal header on the motherboard, would both CPro's be able to use it for fan profiles and avoid the conflict I mentioned, above?

As a last resort, I can modify my plan for the plumbing and include two sensors, but I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Yes, you can access the temperature sensor to allow you to base your fan curves from both CoPro's (it will be communicated via USB between the two devices). It will be available from the "Sensor" drop-down combobox as a source for your fan curves. I did that for ages until I added a second probe (I now use 2 x Phobya inline 10kΩ sensors) directly to my second CoPro about 2 months ago.

The only disadvantage comes from relying on USB communications - the temperature sensor data will only become available to the second CoPro once ICUE has loaded. Until ICUE does, the fans on the probe-challenged CoPro will blast at maximum revs.

Yes, you can access the temperature sensor to allow you to base your fan curves from both CoPro's (it will be communicated via USB between the two devices). It will be available from the "Sensor" drop-down combobox as a source for your fan curves. I did that for ages until I added a second probe (I now use 2 x Phobya inline 10kΩ sensors) directly to my second CoPro about 2 months ago.

The only disadvantage comes from relying on USB communications - the temperature sensor data will only become available to the second CoPro once ICUE has loaded. Until ICUE does, the fans on the probe-challenged CoPro will blast at maximum revs.

That's just what I wanted to know. Thank you.