Corsair Community

Corsair Hydrocool 200 Ex Panel Problem

compugeekpro

Hi...I've had a Corsair Hydrocool 200 Ex for several months now and it was working great until about a week or two ago. It seems to randomly restart and give a loud beep to indicate everything is alright (or so I assume). It sometimes just stops on its own for a while, then starts going off into and infinite loop (seemingly)...then it stops and works again. I know it is not a problem with the pump or anything with the heat alarm because the flow indicator is moving and my computer is doing really good temperature wise (I have an amd athlon 3200+ by the way). I believe it might be a loose wire and don't want to have to take the unit out, drain it, and ship it to Corsair. I was wondering which wire or wires would cause it to keep restarting the front panel like that. If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated. I haven't done anything to it from the time when i bought it except install it and fill it up every once in a while.

Thanks,

compugeek

Are you getting 8888s or a blank screen in the LCD display, and the unit beeps? The HC200 is real sensitive to your PSU dying. I had similar issues until one day the PSU went. Replaced it and all is fine. I thought it was a bad adapter card.

I've had good luck with the Fortron 400-530W, Sparkle 400W (same as Fortron), old Antec 400W with adjustable pots, and lately the OCZ Powerstreams, though they are expensive. Keep in mind I run five 120 mm fans, including three 38-mm thick 2000 rpm jobs that draw 0.26 amps. I can vouch for these PSUs with a HC200 and heavily overclocked setup.

What I do on the OCZ Powerstream is there is a dedicated shielded round cable for HDDs. Since I just use a single IDE drive, I connect this cable alone to the adapter card to ensure the HC200 unit gets good juice. I just use some other 12-volt plug for my IDE drive.

Thanks for the reply....yes I am getting 8888's and sometimes a fast blinking 8 and the turbo light flashing on and off rapidly. I think your right about the psu going bad. My PSU is an Antec truepower 550 watt, but it is around 3 years old. Will try that... Another thing i was just thinking about is electrical interference. My power wires only have the default plastic coating and they are going every which way in there that it's sometimes hard to track them. I'm going to try arranging them first, and if that doesn't work...I'm going to spend some good money on a PC Power and Cooling 510 watt power supply. Thanks for the help...my problem is very similar to yours...

Archived