Corsair Community

Corsair Mechanical Gamepad

mjrone

I've seen a few posts on here asking Corsair to make a mechanical gamepad, since Razer and Logitech are in on it. I'm just here to put in my two cents as well.

I'm not a hardcore MMO player, but I do play them. In the past, I used the old K95s G keys back when there were 18 on the left side.

https://eteknix-eteknixltd.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DSC_0900.jpg

Now I have the new K95 Platinum with only 6 G keys. I knew that when buying the new K95, but I didn't think it was going to be as big a deal as it turned out to be. In a lot of the games I play, I find myself moving my hand to touch air... I have to remind myself constantly that they're not there. I use the Scimitar now, but it's just not the same. Having the 18 keys on the left was like having a gamepad bult-in to the keyboard! And it was insanely convenient.

I was looking at possibly getting a gamepad, but was disappointed on the options available. Razer (which I will never buy another product from them as long as I live!), and Logitech. Nothing against Logitech's G13, but it doesn't have mechanical keys and it just seems a little dated. Plus it doesn't mesh well with the rest of my setup. I have Corsair everything, pretty much. Keyboard, mouse, mousepad, speakers, case, power supply, AIO water cooler; like, I love you guys!

I'm asking you to really consider jumping on that part of the market. I know in one previous post someone said that "the market wasn't there"" or "the data wasn't there" or something. But I gotta call BS because people DO want gamepads, they just have to go (grudgingly) to Razer and buy whatever crap they're offering. Or to Logitech, which is a bit outdated. I think you guys can change that with a good quality mechanical gamepad.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by mjrone

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I have since bought the Max Falcon-20

http://d2fu7qgd3tdbcc.cloudfront.net/images/detailed/3/Falcon-20-Unit-1.jpg?t=1504921814

Its design is basic, as there is no wrist-rest or any ergonomics for your hand. But its pretty much exactly what I wanted. It has Cherry MX switches (I chose MX Speed, but there's a list you can pick from - red, blue, etc.), 20 fully-programmable keys, and RGB!

I really don't understand why Corsair doesn't jump in on this market. It's really a shame because they make excellent quality components and peripherals. I'll be waiting, Corsair...

In the mean time, I'm very happy with the Max Falcon-20. Highly recommended if you're trying to stay away from Razer products (which you should be).

Edited by mjrone
  • Confused 1