Corsair Community

H100i v2 & RM750i

rafacq

Sorry if this has been posted before but I cannot seem to find an answer. My Maximus IX Hero only has 1 USB 2.0 header. Both the corsair H100i v2 cooler & RM 750i power supply have Corsair a Link usb connectors and a 4 pin LINK connector. The cooling block is connected to the USB 2.0 header in the mb.

I cannot figure out how to connect the cooler and the PS so LINK can see both, since I only have 1 USB 2.0 header. The extension link connector in both units is 4 pin, but the link extension cable is only 4 pin on one end! How do I connect them so Link can also see the PS? I am missing something and my old mind is not helping!

It had been a few years since I made a new build, it is fun!

Thanks in advance for the help!

rafacq

Why would I need a splitter? This is straight from the install guide published in the Corsair website...

"Now that the unit is installed, there are two more things to take note of. On the side of the cooling unit you will find two different sockets, one is for the included USB cable and it connects the H100i to a spare internal USB 2.0 header on your motherboard and allows the cooler to communicate with the Corsair Link software. The other connector is a Corsair Link expansion port. The expansion port can be used if you have multiple*Corsair Link devices*in your system. This is useful if you do not want to use up all of your internal USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard. For example, if you have an AXi PSU, then instead of connecting it directly to the motherboards USB header, you can simply plug it into the cooling block on the H100i, where it will interface with Corsair Link through the H100i. The expansion port can also be connected directly to the stand alone Corsair Link kit which comes with the Corsair Link Commander unit. This is to minimize the amount of cables that need to be connected directly to the motherboard."

I have the expansion cable, I cannot figure out how it is hooked? One side is a 4 pin connector, the other is a miniature connector! DO not know where it goes.

If you are going to quote things then you should specify the URL of the original ;):.

You have an Asetek H100iV2 and unlike the CoolIT H100i it does not have a C-Link port :!:.

Both devices have to be USB connected :nodding:.

Archived