Corsair Community

Corsair Link Not Recognizing PSU and Cooler

mistershan

I have a

Corsair AX1200I Digital ATX PSU and a Corsair Hydro H105I Liquid Cool on Windows 10 64bit...

I have been having random shut down and restart crashes and I was told to download Corsair Link to monitor my PSU and Water Cooler, but when I installed Corsair Link my PSU nor the Liquid Cooler show up. Everything else in my system from the video cards to processor do but not the Corsair products. Very strange for Corsair software.

When I go to Options > Devices it is totally blank. When I go to Graphing > Configure they don't show up there either. It only allows me to check on or off all the other parts in my system. Please help guys. Thanks in advance.

So you actually have a H100i rather than a H105I :brick:

I suspect the two "Unknown USB Device" are them. Use Device Manager to uninstall them both, power down the system and unplug it for 2 minutes when check what Device and Printers reports and that Device Manager does not report any devices with errors. Post new screen shots.

Thanks, but I am confused by this step. "when check what Device and Printers reports and that Device Manager does not report any devices with errors."

I power down my system, unplug it for 2 minutes...and then turn it back on to see if Device Manager recognizes the PSU and Cooler? So basically I am uninstalling and letting the computer reinstall the devices hoping that it will do it correct this time?

I appreciate the condescension. I was just verifying your directions. Apologies if I am not worthy of being helped because I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before uninstalling drivers. Anyway, I did what you said and when I turned my computer back on the Unknown USB devices were back. So there is NO change from the image I showed you.

The PSU and Cooler has to be plugged into the motherboard right? If it wasn't then they wouldn't work? I have had the rig since 2014 so I am pretty sure I would know by now if the PSU or cooling wasn't working. Was there any specific cables they were supposed to plug in to get this to work? I didn't do the build myself. I had microcenter put it together for me... If my computer hasn't been noticing the PSU and Cooler this whole time then it must be behind drivers? Do they even have drivers? That could cause some instability I would imagine.

Okay, not sure if you saw this question, I added this to my post...

"The PSU and Cooler has to be plugged into the motherboard right? If it wasn't then they wouldn't work? I have had the rig since 2014 so I am pretty sure I would know by now if the PSU or cooling wasn't working. Was there any specific cables they were supposed to plug in to get this to work? I didn't do the build myself. I had microcenter put it together for me... If my computer hasn't been noticing the PSU and Cooler this whole time then it must be behind drivers? Do they even have drivers? That could cause some instability I would imagine."

Archived