Corsair Community

H115i fans dont go above 900rpm

Boltzy

Hey all, I'm new here so apologies if I have missed something out, but here goes.

I have recently built a new system based around the i7-7700k (as per my PC specs) I have also installed a Corsair H115i AIO cooler for the CPU.

The problem I am encountering is this. My Thermaltake PSU has software to control things like the RGB Fan and Fan speed (just for the PSU) However when I install the Thermaltake DPS G software it seems to affect the Corsair Link software and I am unable to control the Fan RPM of the H115i. CL allows me to change the plans (Quiet/Balanced etc) and will ramp up the RPM for a brief moment then the RPM drops down again and hovers around the 900rpm mark. I can completely resolve this by uninstalling Thermaltake DPS App - Then I can happily set the fan speeds, however to be hinest I want my pretty RGB Fan lights !

Anyone else encounter this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The Thermaltake DPS App should not be touching the H115i at all and if it does it's a bug in the DPS App. Ask Thermaltake to fix the DPS App.

I know CL4 and suspect DPS do this via SiUSBXp.dll so if it exits in the DPS folder you could closedown DPS, rename it and restart DPS as this may circumvent the issue, but there could be other instances of SiUSBXp.dll, so search the whole C: drive for it. There MUST be one in C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\ for CL4 to use.

Thanks for the reply red-ray. I also posted on the Thermaltake Forums and they said contact Corsair :s

Post a link to the other post as they are saying is rubbish :(:. NZXT messed up by doing much the same with CAM and they fixed CAM, see http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-cam-bugs/suggestions/9571974-cam-crashes-if-the-system-has-corsair-h80igt

They should be filtering on the device USB VID (Vendor ID) and should not be accessing devices with a VID of 1B1C as this is the Corsair VID. They should only access devices with a VID of 264A which is the Thermaltake VID.

Out of interest what is the DPS RGB PnP ID? I suspect HID\VID_264A&PID_2329 + USB\VID_264A&PID_2329.

I would reverse engineer the RGB control protocol and use my own control program :idea:. I have already done this for my TPG-0650D, so I suspect it would be quite easy to add RGB LED support.

I could comment further if you posted [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status].

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28416&stc=1&d=1490727181

attachment.php?attachmentid=28417&stc=1&d=1490727292

767093671_LinkDevices-ThermaltakeDPSPSU.thumb.png.a318abac888256913b6df8fde92ee301.png

468726246_LinkStatus-ThermaltakeDPSPSU.thumb.png.e90acec3304b3932facb19229203dacc.png

Are you running AI Suite? If so you should not also run CL4 as specified be Corsair in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371. I also specify you should not run SIV + AI Suite for the same reasons. CL4 + SIV is OK as they use locks to interlock hardware access :biggrin:.

I was pleasantly surprised when SIV reported TPG-1250D :bigeyes:, I suspected it would, but have never tested with a TPG-1250D. I wonder how to tell it has an RGB LED and what the control commands are :thinking:.

Having read the post I feel you starting out by mentioning the CPU and Case Fans at all was not a good idea. You should have just focused on DPS causing the H115i fan speed to change. I would be inclined to start a new thread focusing just on this.

What I recommend you do is:

1. Closedown/exit CL4
  2. Closedown/exit DPS
  3. Run SIV and use [Link Fans] to set the H115i to PWM @ 100% (post this screen)
  4. Start DPS and see if the H115i fan speed changes (post this screen if it does).
  5. If it does then I expect DPS has the bug, does it?

Ok, so as per your instructions I did the following

Closedown/exit CL4

Closedown/exit DPS

Run SIV and use [Link Fans] to set the H115i to PWM @ 100%

attachment.php?attachmentid=28426&stc=1&d=1490733458

Start DPS and see if the H115i fan speed changes - It did not change when I started up DPS - I then launched CL4, it then changed and i was unable to control it in CL4

attachment.php?attachmentid=28427&stc=1&d=1490733595

attachment.php?attachmentid=28430&stc=1&d=1490733719

LinkedFans100.thumb.JPG.0359941bd5508be174b02411baf561ef.JPG

LinkedFanswithCL4running.thumb.JPG.419c459101e021fcd6d848f8719ccc84.JPG

CorsairLink.JPG.235940d5b875b3bcbf7c86b72cb8dcf0.JPG

• Start DPS and see if the H115i fan speed changes - It did not change when I started up DPS -
  • I then launched CL4, it then changed and i was unable to control it in CL4

1. Given this I suspect DPS is not the issue.
  2. If with DPS active you closedown/exit CL4 can SIV change the fans speed to PWM @ 100 % + 50 %?
  3. Is so then it a CL4 issue.
  4. Post the CL4 fan configuration panel.

One disk @ 128°C :eek: Post Menu->Devices->SMART Drives :idea:

If with DPS active you closedown/exit CL4 can SIV change the fans speed to PWM @ 100 % + 50 %? - Yes I was able to change the fans speed with DPS active and using SIV

Is so then it a CL4 issue.....looks like it.....

Post the CL4 fan configuration panel.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28431&stc=1&d=1490734701

The peaks are when i tried to change it in SIV - then it automatically dropped back down

One disk @ 128°C :eek: Post Menu->Devices->SMART Drives :idea:

Ignore this, the temp sensor in this SSD is wrong!

attachment.php?attachmentid=28432&stc=1&d=1490735025

CL4FanConfig.JPG.e529d3b67370d314cee81fa5cc1ddfe8.JPG

SMART.JPG.d59fe1d500a9e60790b9cfe8ef1d00cc.JPG

1. Post the CL4 fan configuration panel.
  2. The peaks are when i tried to change it in SIV - then it automatically dropped back down
  3. Ignore this, the temp sensor in this SSD is wrong!

1. I have no idea what Max does, change the mode to custom and set temperature/PWM % points so the fan speed as you would wish.
  2. CL4 is changing it back then so it does control the speed.
  3. Maybe, but press the bottom right [sATA 600] button and post that so I can see where the silly value comes from. Does it ever change? Post [status].

1. I have no idea what Max does, change the mode to custom and set temperature/PWM % points so the fan speed as you would wish.
  2. CL4 is changing it back then so it does control the speed.
  3. Maybe, but press the bottom right [sATA 600] button and post that so I can see where the silly value comes from. Does it ever change? Post [status].

1/2. Adjusting the fan curve in the custom setting does nothing - no fan changes at all - in the screenshot below i have applied the settings and the fans stay at 900rpm

attachment.php?attachmentid=28434&stc=1&d=1490736215

Maybe, but press the bottom right [sATA 600] button and post that so I can see where the silly value comes from. Does it ever change? Post [status]
Never noticed it change

attachment.php?attachmentid=28433&stc=1&d=1490736215

1127453805_SillyValue.JPG.442ca9aa202262b3bd37e1bf4c3a5c30.JPG

CL4FanCurve.JPG.4211df8e9799a26308823be0756c18d1.JPG

1. Adjusting the fan curve in the custom setting does nothing - no fan changes at all - in the screenshot below i have applied the settings and the fans stay at 900rpm
  2. Never noticed it change

1. I can't think what else to try, maybe others can help. I stopped using CL4 a long time ago so don't know all the tricks to get it to play ball.
  2. Thank you, the value is incorrect in the raw data, Garbage in -> Garbage out ;):

1. I can't think what else to try, maybe others can help. I stopped using CL4 a long time ago so don't know all the tricks to get it to play ball.
  2. Thank you, the value is incorrect in the raw data, Garbage in -> Garbage out ;):

Thank you so much for your help Ray :laughing:

I take it we have established that its not an issue with Thermaltake DPS then....

Is there any way i can do the folowing then.

use another program (Like SIV to control the fans as per the temp requirement) And also control the Corsair Logo LED on top of the CPU Pump if i do not use CL4? :)

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665 and read the guide. I am told the initial SIV learning curve is a bit steep, but there are several who's first ever post was to show off recent SIV additions or to ask for more SIV facilities :biggrin:.

SIV can't control the PSU LEDs, but can control the rest. I advise against running SIV + DPS at the same time as DPS fails to use the Global\Access_USB_Sensors Named Mutex to interlock access. All of AIDA64 + HWiNFO + SIV use this Mutex and also a different one to interlock with CL4 (Corsair wished to be different).

I suspect I would need a RGB PSU to deduce the protocol and add PSU LED support to SIV.

Specify -AIOCTL. Because the Asetek cooler LEDs can't be read it's only sensible when SIV is in control mode.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027 for why you should get a CoolIT H110i :nodding: rather than an Asetek H115i :(:.

As from SIV 5.17 Beta-09 SIV can control Asetek cooler LEDs when -AIOCTL is specified. For temperature mode any source can be selected and the colour changes gradually as the temperature changes.

Archived