Corsair Community

H100i v2 : Fan and pump speeds

SChico

Hello everyone,

I just recently finished building my new system and this time, I decided to make the jump to a H100i v2 instead of going the traditional route of air cooling my CPU.

Now, being a newcomer regarding liquid cooling, I do not have any reference as of what are the normal operating speeds and temps of such devices.

Since benchmarking my system I never had any alarming CPU temps (50ish at full load). But, there is one thing bugging me.

In CL 4.6.0.86 I’m seeing 0 RPM fan speed and under 800-900 pump RPM for a balanced profile.

Are these normal speeds?

I did plug the fans in the CPU_FAN header and the USB cable in the USB header at the bottom of the board.

Also, no QFan settings in the BIOS.

I do have these two options

- Fan Speed Control: Normal, silent, manual and Full Speed

- Fan/Pump Control mode : Auto, Voltage and PWM

The Aorus Gaming K5 being a relatively new board and my lack of solid knowledge regarding liquid cooling, any help setting these up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I changed the fan settings you mentioned to PWM and Full Speed in the BIOS.

I can attest that the Corsair logo on the pump is now brighter than it was before switching to full speed.

Screenshot as requested

attachment.php?attachmentid=28286&d=1490221217

attachment.php?attachmentid=28287&d=1490221224

attachment.php?attachmentid=28288&d=1490221236

Are these considered as normal?

attachment.php?attachmentid=28296&d=1490225641attachment.php?attachmentid=28297&d=1490225651

Good the pump speed is now as it should be, but I would expect CL4 to report a "fan" speed that is about 975 RPM which is half the pump speed so there may be another CL4 bug. Run my SIV utility, press the [status] button and post the initial screen + Hardware Status screen shots.

How many case fans do you have and which motherboard headers are they connected to?

I would change the mode to Custom and choose my own custom points starting with 20°C -> 25% so the fans run slightly slower.

Hello red-ray. Thanks for the reply.

What could be considered normal speeds for the RAD fans and the pump?

Regarding my case fans, I have 3 (2 top, 1 back). All are plugged on the case fan controller (Phanteks P400S). I will post the screenshots from the SIV utility when i have some free time this evening.

What could be considered normal speeds for the RAD fans and the pump?

I have a CoolIT H110iGT :biggrin: and have no real idea what to expect for an Asetek H100iV2.

You want as slow (quiet) as possible, but still fast enough to keep the coolant cool. What this is will depend on the fans you have, air/case temperature, case airflow, heat generated by the CPU and you will need to figure out what works for your setup.

I hope SIV manages more than 1 of 4 fans, if not I suspect it will take me about 42 minutes to release a beta that does if you send me the save files, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225.

Well, my system is generating more “humm” since I switched the CPU FAN controller to full speed in the BIOS.

I chose the Phanteks P400S and liquid cooling for a “silent build”. Still very silent compared to my previous system.

Well, I knew that fine-tuning might be needed when I went with the silent route. However, I am surprised by the lack of documentation on Corsair’s part. If it was not for some Googling and posting in here, I would have never known that my BIOS was misconfigured.

From what I could gather, low pump speeds in conjunction with BIOS fan power management can kill a H100i v2.

H100iV2 1950rpm for the pump is normal rpm for quite setting as far as I can tell for about one month since I have had my H100iV2.

The 2 x SSD 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB seem to be missing and I am wondering why. Please will you post Menu->Devices->SMART + Menu->Devices->CSMI RAID?

The 2 x SSD 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB seem to be missing and I am wondering why. Please will you post Menu->Devices->SMART + Menu->Devices->CSMI RAID?

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

They are in RAID0

http://i65.tinypic.com/6poj2o.png

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28306&stc=1&d=1490294151 better view of pic

Still getting used to this forum posting pics so please bear with me while I learn this.

They are in RAID0

Thank you, but the link does not work.

No Common Storage Management Interface Drives are reported, but I don't know why. On my system I get as below.

Please open an admin command window, CD to the SIV folder, do siv64x -dbgsdm > siv_dbgout.log | more and attach siv_dbgout.log.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28309&stc=1&d=1490295810

1367113894_CommonStorageManagement.thumb.png.1ba24382ba4f405c55ee3aed02dd3d60.png

Hope this helps and thank you for the help Red_Ray

Thank you. I can see SIV is doing what I expected, but all 6 ports don't have a drive attached :confused:. I guess NMVe must be different so will have an ask around. Please will you attach a full size [CSMI RAID] panel so I can use it in an e-mail?

Good the pump speed is not as it should be, but I would expect CL4 to report a "fan" speed that is about 975 RPM which is half the pump speed so there may be another CL4 bug. Run my SIV utility, press the [status] button and post the initial screen + Hardware Status screen shots.

How many case fans do you have and which motherboard headers are they connected to?

I would change the mode to Custom and choose my own custom points starting with 20°C -> 25% so the fans run slightly slower.

Hello red-ray,

Here are are the screenshots you requested:

Initial Screen

attachment.php?attachmentid=28329&stc=1&d=1490318806

Hardware Status

attachment.php?attachmentid=28330&stc=1&d=1490318806

Like I mentioned in a previous post, my other 3 fans are connected to the case controller (not on the motherboard). So, I believe it's normal that they are not showing in the reports (SYS Fan).

Thank you

385005642_SIV-Initialscreen.PNG.455a46a5ab2c7be29c8aae4ebd7394e5.PNG

500256138_SIV-HWStatus.PNG.bd73ee6d7a5451481a3108f503d56456.PNG

Like I mentioned in a previous post, my other 3 fans are connected to the case controller (not on the motherboard). So, I believe it's normal that they are not showing in the reports (SYS Fan).

Thank you. I can see there is only one sensor chip, so SIV reports things correctly :biggrin:. I had not spotted "other 3 fans are connected to the case controller" and as you say they won't get reported.

SIV reported the CPU Fan speed as 967 RPM which is half the pump speed and as expected. In http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896396 CL4 reports it as 1929 RPM which I suspect is incorrect :(:.

Run CL4 + SIV at the same time and see how the two speeds compare. Post one screen shot showing both screens.

Archived