Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo2 & TWINX1024-3200XL

Uroboros

Been using this combo for a few days now without any problems. At least until I read about raising the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. But I've read here the suggestion to raise it to 2.8 Volts.

Which one should it be? Had it set to 2.75 for a few days without any problems. Should I just keep it at that?

TIA

Been using this combo for a few days now without any problems. At least until I read about raising the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. But I've read here the suggestion to raise it to 2.8 Volts.

Which one should it be? Had it set to 2.75 for a few days without any problems. Should I just keep it at that?

TIA

OK..I found the answer. :)

Is it enuff to just up the voltage to 2.8; or should I also follow these instructions found on another post?

Yes Twinx1024-3200XL would be what I would suggest with this MB! And I would use these settings:

With this MB I would suggest you set the Rass to Cass to "3" so I would set these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +2.8 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

I couldn't locate all those settings in the BIOS

If you're not having any problems then there is no need to raise the Dimm voltage.

I'd stay at 2.7.

What settings are you showing in the BIOS for the RAM?

Well besides changing the voltage to 2.75; I've not changed anything else from the defaults.

When the system starts up..I get a msg from the BIOS telling me what the memory settings are.

Tcl : 2

Trcd : 2

Tras: 5

Trp: 2

(I hope I got those acronyms right)

and

2t Timing

I guess that comes from the Plug-n-Frag Auto-Configuration on the Twinx1024-3200xl

Archived