Corsair Community

Need help choosing ram

Icephere

Hello everyone, I recently bought a new graphics card and motherboard. The motherboard I'm currently using is giving me issues with the RAM that I had before replacing the motherboard. Almost any game I play causes me to get FPS drops that also cause stutters.I don't know if the RAM is the main factor to this, but this is my only lead. I guess the ram I currently have doesn't support 1600MHz and I believe the i5 4690k doesn't support ram above 1600MHz? I don't really know, but I do know that the RAM I currently have is running at 10-11-10-30 which apparently isn't a profile that is listed. I don't know much about RAM let alone hardware, but I had a nice man over at the Nvidia forums help me out with this situation. He directed me over to this forum for any suggestions to getting a new set of RAM. The memory search tool suggests this - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-pro-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr3-dram-2400mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy16gx3m2a2400c11r but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the long post btw haha.

Sounds weird, I have a 4th gen pc with that exact same RAM and a 1050ti and never given me any issues, sounds more like a gpu driver issue!

I know you came here for advice on changing ram, but I'm just saying maybe there is no need

By the way ram speed is determined by the motherboard mostly, have you activated xmp on your motherboard? That should handle automatic voltage

If all else fails, that's a nice RAM you linked, good ddr3!!

Just check if your motherboard supports xmp, as that's the only way you'll be able to go all the way to 2400mhz of that ram

Archived