Corsair Community

Is this it? Software of Corsair=Logitech=Astro?

panni

I've been using the Corsair VOID Wireless for over 9 months now. There have been many promises about new software, firmware, bug fixes and such.

Right after the disconnect-reconnect bug was introduced (the beginning of 2016), several owners of the VOID have posted their experiences, findings and problems in your forums. Their threads have been answered, quite well as it seems, but nothing whatsoever has happened since then. And this one seems to be only an example of the major (software) bugs this product has.

After coming from a Logitech G930 I've hoped for at least a slight change when buying a Corsair product. In the end it all amounted to the same: bad software, bad software maintenance, and bad or inexistent/inconsistent communication.

I and many fellow buyers of your VOID series, waited long enough - over half a year in my case - for a fix for a software/firmware/driver that had been broken *manually* as it seems (the disconnect-reconnect-bug), to be fixed eventually.

CUE 2.0 was promised and held up high as the saviour of things, by your loyal forum-fanboys (or perhaps even (distant) employees, mister Toasted?), who seem to try to answer (and mostly succeed to do so) every new post there is. It is available, in a beta stage, but no clear statement (to my knowledge) has been given to the users of the VOID headsets, at all. It's unclear whether the beta version fixes any of the known bugs the VOID has in its current state, or not.

The amount of money people spend for an obviously pretty well made piece of hardware compared to the hideously bad team(s) you employ for the software side of things, is simply astonishing. This resembles the Astro side of things pretty well.

As a software developer I shiver looking at the amount of bugs-and-glitches-threads in your CUE 2 sub-forums. The fact, that you actually charge people for the products you put out there, and use their time to iron out the obviously huge amount of bugs you (re-)introduce to your software/firmware/drivers, with every release, simply astonishes me.

The major part of my periphirals are in fact Corsair products. I love them for their aesthetics, mostly. I've spent about 400 USD on a keyboard, mouse and headset, just because about a year ago you seemed to be the better choice compared to most of the other companies out there.

I'm not even mad about the money I've spent - it's just the fact, that there are people out there who really have to work much harder or much longer for the money they spend to get one of your products, than me.

It makes me sad to see that you're just as good as everyone else on the software part - mediocre at best.

Fanboys rip me up, I don't care. I am just another one of those neglected customers.

Archived