Corsair Community

Corsair Link preventing HDD from spinning down

mike406

Edit: Just noticed this thread shortly after making mine. Glad someone recognizes the issue as well. Mods may merge mine with that if they wish. Thanks

Corsair Link prevents my second drive from spinning down which becomes rather annoying over time. I ruled this out using ProcMon. Please give us the ability to exclude hardware components like hard drives from Corsair Link. Or if there is such an option, I cannot find it. I refuse to use it in its current state like this. And before someone chimes in asking me "Is it really that bothersome" it is for me and my PC is geared toward silent operation so I'd really prefer my disks to not be constantly polled. I don't need to know their temperature. Thanks.

877b0844b15142928427c8be060eef69.png

• 2 weeks later...
No response from Corsair? Acknowledgement of shoddy programming? The PR is strong with this one /s. If my backup drive had failed due to this I would've expected a new one in the mail from you guys. It's a serious issue for those running drives strictly for backup that do not need unnecessary spin hours tacked on.

Archived