Corsair Community

Void RGB Wireless terrible battery life?

jwright

Not sure if this is a battery problem or a "doing things wrong" problem.

It's been working a few days (maybe 30 minutes use per day). Today I sat down to use it for a decent amount of time. I left the lights on (I know the battery life is shorter), but within 2 hours it seems to be dead. That is to say, it cut out and every time I try to turn it back on it flashes green twice and red once. I have it on charge now, but I assume that's a battery thing.

Is the battery life that atrocious with the lights on? I had a Logitech G930 and I opted for the void rgb this time, but if the battery life is that bad (even with lights), I'd rather just take it back where I purchased it and get another Logitech. If it's a defective battery though, I'm happy to try to exchange it.

Anyone have any ideas? It's been about two weeks so hoping to decide something either way within the 30 day return period.

Did you do a FULL recharge when you first bought the headset, like it states in the manual?

Me and my friend both purchased the same headset, and my friend funny enough ran into the same problems as you. Turns out, I was patient and spent the first day of leaving it to charge fully and my friend charged it for 10 minutes and decided to play.

I have nothing but praise for the headset, it works wonders for me, and gives me some freedom when twitch streaming/gaming/ts3 to grab a beer or make a cuppa whilst still wearing the headset.

In addition, to Reading the Manual [ Sorry, I know we are guys with our tech, and never read manuals, but seriously, this is where you need to read it ] it states that using the lights will reduce the battery life compared to having no lights on.

I turn my lights on to look pretty on twitch or video feeds, Lan parties etc etc... otherwise I turn it off. Whats the point in lights that you can't see or others can't see?

Is the battery life that atrocious with the lights on? I had a Logitech G930 and I opted for the void rgb this time, but if the battery life is that bad (even with lights), I'd rather just take it back where I purchased it and get another Logitech. If it's a defective battery though, I'm happy to try to exchange it.

____

I suggest you get it checked out, maybe even swap the battery. I just switched from the G930s, they were amazing, BUT the battery and interference was horrible. Haven't had any issues with the VOID so far.

otherwise I turn it off. Whats the point in lights that you can't see or others can't see?

I use it as a light sometimes. I'll normally walk outside my room, and it's bright enough for me to see haha.

Archived