Corsair Community

h100i v2 pump

Kernolsz28

Just curious about the pump rpm. installed the h100i v2 on the asus z170 a board with the 6700k @ 4.6ghz. Temps are completely fine at 18-20 idle and 70 aida 64/intel burn test. But the fan speeds in bios and any monitoring program say 1420 rpm. seems to be about half the rated pump speed at 100% which is set to be full speed in bios. I shouldn't have to worry right?

With all Asetek coolers such as your H100iV2 a fan speed is reported to the CPU_FAN header. To know the pump speed to need to use Corsair Link or a 3rd party program that can read the pump speed via the USB connection. Such programs are AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV (my utility).

Yep all of my programs, Cam by nzxt, aida 64 hw monitor all show 1420..but the temps indicate the pump is running much higher. Spoke with corsair on the phone and they said sometimes the pumps readout half speed but shouldnt have to worry..still makes me nervous. But if im stressing and only getting 70 with 4.6 on the 6700k im pretty sure the pump is running higher then 1420 rpm.

I dont have link installed because i havent gotten around to testing it out, MB only has 2 usb 2.0 and both currently being used.

As the H100iV2 is not connected to a USB port SIV could not report it's pump speed and I am none the wiser. This is also why [Link Status] was not available.

You need to install CL4 then connect the H100iV2 to a to a USB port. CL4 needs to be installed so Windows can install the H110iV2 USB Device Driver that come as part of the CL4 package.

You could get a NZXT IU01 to give you more USB headers.

I did order one as i could hook it up while leaving everything else as well. I don't think it will do much in terms of making everything else report a correct pump speed but CL might report the correct speed..I will check after vacation. Here is a 10 min test on Aida 64 this morning..lil cooler this AM. as you can see the temps are completely fine at 4.6 so the pump HAS to be going faster then 1400..it makes no sense it wouldnt be.

Edit* I also have bios set to Pwm full speed which i was told by corsair rep to do as the report of the speed isn't accurate.

http://s18.postimg.org/xys5blphh/12784347_1292107027471437_25902103_n.jpg

so , it reports here as the correct pump speed + or - 10%

All is as it should be with the pump. As there is no fan speed then I suspect the two fans are connected to the motherboard rather than the H100iV2. Does CL4 also fail to report the H110iV2 fan speed?

Enjoy your Honeymoon :biggrin:

Archived