Corsair Community

H100i GTX Not Detected By Corsair Link

gingerkids1234

Hey guys I've been having some issues with my H100i GTX and am at the point where I might have to RMA it. I'm coming to the forum first to see if there's anything else I can try. I've been using this cooler for maybe 7-8 months with little to no issue, but a few weeks after I changed motherboards, upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 bit, and added a second graphics card my cooler is no longer recognized by my computer or Link. I've tried everything from changing the USB hub it was connected to, switching cables, unplugging from wall for 5+ minutes, connecting to back USB port, uninstalling everything on my computer that has to do with corsair, and changing Link versions. A few things I haven't done is the registry fix because the required file is not there and reinstalling motherboard/ chipset drivers. Maybe you guys can think of something that could work. I've included a link to an imgur album with screenshots from SIV and device manager. Thanks for the help.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/R9TSz

I suspect the H100iGTX firmware may have crashed.

Use Device Manager to uninstall the device with the yellow triangle, shutdown the system, unplug it for 2 minutes and then reboot and check what Device Manager reports.

After exiting CL does the SIV [Link Devices] panel now report the H100iGTX? What about [Link Status]?

I suspect the H100iGTX firmware may have crashed.

Use Device Manager to uninstall the device with the yellow triangle, shutdown the system, unplug it for 2 minutes and then reboot and check what Device Manager reports.

After exiting CL does the SIV [Link Devices] panel now report the H100iGTX? What about [Link Status]?

Hey man thanks for the reply, so after uninstalling the yellow triangle device, shutting down, and unplugging for 5 minutes just to be safe nothing has changed. Link Devices still only shows the USB Dongle which has to be my power supply. As for Link Status I wasn't able to find that in SIV, if you're referring to the Corsair Link program nothing has changed there either and still a yellow triangle in device manager. Thanks for helping me by the way.

Edit: Looked at some SIV screenshots and now I know what Link Status is. For some reason Link Status and Link Fans does not show up for me, I'm guessing that has to do with my cooler not being recognized.

First you should also update to SIV 5.07 as 5.06 is not CL4 aware. What does [Link Devices] say? If the cooler is not detected by Windows [Link Status] will not be there.

Try a different motherboard USB header and/or use a mini-USB to USB-A cable (if you have one) and try connecting the H100iGTX to one of the rear panel USB ports. If neither of these resolve reading device descriptors the H100iGTX may have a hardware issue, log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and see what they think. I suspect you may have to RMA it.

I noticed SIV reported Thorpe Corsair Link USB Dongle (1C00) on [uSB Names] which is incorrect. I think I fixed it in 5.08 Beta-08 and it would be good if you checked, do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it.

I have the exact same issue but found out it has been happening since the new Link software*. I have a strange feeling it's specifically driver related and I'm going to try to install the older version first, and upgrade from there on to see what happens. I'll report back today with my findings. I personally doubt it's firmware related, it seems more like a driver issue.

* Did a reccent new install so the driver is gone now from my Windows installation

Given Windows can't read the USB Device Descriptor this is not an issue with the Hydro Series 7289 USB Device Driver as Windows needs to read these before it even knows which device driver to install.

That actually makes a whole lot of sense, but I'm a stubborn person ;-)

I'm going to try and install the older software, do the regedit fixes for getting rid of the annoying pop-up and then see if it works. If it does, I'll upgrade the link software and see if it continues to work.

Personally, I think it's too coincidental in my case that the software / device worked perfectly on the older Link software but now decided to stop.

Also, just wanted to say how awesome the SIV software is :-)

That's good to hear:biggrin:

Unless Windows can read the USB Device Descriptors there won't even be a USB\VID_1B1C&... entry in the registry to edit ;):

Yeah I got that.

Well, I'm now VERY curious (got some stuff for me to debug?)

> Removed latest Link software with configs

> Removed driver from the Windows software list

> Reboot

> Installed Link RC v3.2.5742 (CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v3.2.5742)

> Reboot

> Voila, I can control my pumps again in Link and also no longer see the USB device error.

Next step now for me is to try and upgrade to Link 4.

@gingerkids1234 , this might be something you want to try.

I'm going to try and install the older software, do the regedit fixes for getting rid of the annoying pop-up and then see if it works.

AFAIK the H100iGTX does not trigger the popup so I guess you have a different cooler, which one? You should add your PC specs to your profile.

Thank you. Your H110iGT is a CoolIT cooler and does not even use the Hydro Series 7289 USB Device Driver. It's a HID device and uses the standard M$ HID driver.

AFAIK the H100iGTX does not trigger the popup so I guess you have a different cooler, which one? You should add your PC specs to your profile.

Oops :-) my bad. I actually seem to have the H110i GT, updated my specs.

Funny enough, since reinstalling Windows 10 and now reinstalling the Link software I didn't got the annoying Popup any more in the Link software.

I hope that perhaps my suggestion and steps helped the original poster of this thread.

Funny enough, since reinstalling Windows 10 and now reinstalling the Link software I didn't got the annoying Popup any more in the Link software.

I suspect the device was still installed or you used CL4 which half fixes things. I would need to see before and after [Link Devices] screen shots to tell. It also depend on which W10 as TH1, TH2 and RS1 are all different and you really need to specify the build number.

Many assume the CoolIT H110iGT is the same as the Asetek H100iGTX/H110iGTX/etc., but the CoolIT and Asetek coolers are very different devices when it comes to device drivers.

In continuation to my reply on 02-21-2016, 01:45 PM

I've now removed just the Link software RC v3.2.5742 (not the drivers installed by RC v3.2.5742) and updated to Link Software v4.2.0.162. I immediately noticed the device now is showing successfully in the Link Software v4.2.0.162 , even after rebooting.

To recap, these steps worked for me:

> Removed latest Link software (v4.2.0.162) with selecting removal of configuration during uninstallation.

> Removed driver(s) from Link / Corsair from the Windows software list

> Reboot

> Reboot

> I can control my pumps again in Link v3.2.5742 and also no longer see the USB device error.

> Removed Link RC v3.2.5742

> Installed Link v4.2.0.162

> I could see and control my H110i GT in Link v4.2.0.162 at this moment

> Rebooted to be sure

> Still can see and control my H110i GT in Link v4.2.0.162

• 2 weeks later...
In continuation to my reply on 02-21-2016, 01:45 PM

I've now removed just the Link software RC v3.2.5742 (not the drivers installed by RC v3.2.5742) and updated to Link Software v4.2.0.162. I immediately noticed the device now is showing successfully in the Link Software v4.2.0.162 , even after rebooting.

To recap, these steps worked for me:

> Removed latest Link software (v4.2.0.162) with selecting removal of configuration during uninstallation.

> Removed driver(s) from Link / Corsair from the Windows software list

> Reboot

> Reboot

> I can control my pumps again in Link v3.2.5742 and also no longer see the USB device error.

> Removed Link RC v3.2.5742

> Installed Link v4.2.0.162

> I could see and control my H110i GT in Link v4.2.0.162 at this moment

> Rebooted to be sure

> Still can see and control my H110i GT in Link v4.2.0.162

i did this , and still wy windows not recognized my h100i GTX . now running on CL 4 . and windows 7 64bit . detected my cooler as Corsair Hydro 7289 , what should i do ?? disappointed with this product .

has this issue quite long , and can't manage the pump.

Archived