Corsair Community

Corsair Link v4.2 is not finding AXi1500

Osiris454

I just installed Corsair Link v4.2 and it's not detecting my AXi1500. I have a Unknown USB Device listed in Device Manager. I had the old version of Corsair Link installed and I uninstalled it before installing this one, but is there something I missed or is the AXi1500 not supported yet? I'm on Windows 10 64-Bit TH2.

There is a "Corsair Link USB Dongle" listed in Device Manager, but that's probably for something else, like the Commander Mini's or the H100iGTX. The VID and PID in Siv show as blank. Updating the driver does nothing. (Device Request Descriptor Failed)

The previous version of Corsair Link was able to detect my AXi1500, but only in a beta version of Windows 10 Enterprise. Windows 7, no issues.

I suspect if you power down the system and unplug it from the mains for 5 minutes this may resolve the (Device Request Descriptor Failed) issue.

Having done this post the SIV [Link Devices] panel so I don't have to guess, better still exit CL, run SIV and post [Link Status] as well.

There is a "Corsair Link USB Dongle" listed in Device Manager, but that's probably for something else, like the Commander Mini's or the H100iGTX.

Looking at both [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] I can tell this is the AX1500i. I can also see you have 2 x Corsair Integrated USB Bridge, but can't tell what they are and I don't wish to guess.

The device attached to [Port 0.3] has an issue do you have any idea what device this is? This device is what Device Manager is reporting the issue for.

CL4 has a bug and can't report USB attached AX1500i anyway, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155711

I expect if you unplug the AX1500i USB Port and instead connect it's C-Link port to one of the CL Mini C-Link ports CL4 will report it. AFAIK you should never connect both the AX1500i USB + C-Link ports. I used to have both connected on my system and one day it would not even power on 'till I unplugged the USB connection.

better still exit CL, run SIV and post [Link Status] as well.

As specified by both me and [Link Devices] exit CL, restart SIV64X and then post [Link Status].

agree with you ton of things to fix

If they really are using TCP as I think this is more than a simple fix. I feel the design is incorrect and I suspect other aspects may also be far from ideal.

As for the Motherboard and GPU fans not being available on configure I am lost for words as to how this was not picked up in their testing.

Archived