Corsair Community

Cooling in tthe corsair 250D ITX build

Ax10mx_93

Hello, I did a mini ITX build but when I do gaming my case heats up alot. Here is my airfow specs. 1x140mm front intake. On the left side of the case I installed 2x120mm fans. 1 for intake and 1 for exaust. Also on the right side of the case I have ample room for my graphics card fan. Yet the case gets warm to the touch. For CPU cooling I am using the stock heatsink. I'm afraid an aftermarket heatsink won't fit into a case like this. Any suggestions? Because as you see, i have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust.

Hi,

I don´t know what graphics card or CPU are You using, but after checking the case if I build inside it I do following:

1. As for small case I chose reference cooler graphics card (there is a nice opening where the cards fan can get to cold air, but the heated air must be moved out, it´s easier with reference design "blower" fans)

2. I keep the front as intake, the 2 side fans as exhaust (You have warm case due to the fact that the warm air is sitting inside the case)

3. Alternate solution is, to have the front and side fans as intake and install 2 x 80mm fans in the back as exhausts

CPU cooler

- You can install a water cooler AIO (check the 250D product page, nice pics)

- The maximum CPU cooler height is 95 mm (not to much, but there are some nice coolers on the market to fit there "example Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B") - this will not help You with the warm case problem offcourse.

BR,

Peter

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that Im using the GTX 750 with AMD A10-7870k.

Hi,

Your system is not a big heat generator, just try to use both side fans as exhaust and check Your fan speeds, You should be fine. If You don´t oveclock the A10 and the loud stock cooler is not a problem ... than You can even keep it.

BR,

Peter

Archived