Corsair Community

When are you posting Windows 10 drivers?

AbsoluteMayheM

However, after installing the Corsair Headset control panel and drivers, I ran into one odd problem.

I often switch between my headset and my monitor (HDMI) sound. With the control panel software and drivers installed I would switch back to my headset and the sound would not initialize. I wouldn't be able to hear anything through my headset, and system sounds would still come through my monitor (HDMI) speakers. Resetting the computer seemed to fix this, until it would happen again when switching.

!

I have the same issue as you, and its annoying. I found another solution though, instead of a full reboot... I just log out then back in and it works again.

The following steps worked for me.

Just upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 on a Dell Latitude E6410.

My Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset (USB) stopped working, with the same symptoms as reported by other users.

Steps:

- Go to Windows 10 settings

- Select "Connected Devices"

- Remove Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset

- Remove the headset from the USB

- Put the headset USB back in and wait for Win 10 to re-install it

After making sure that the headset is the default device (right-click on the Speakers icon in the Windows tray, select "Playback Devices"), it works as before (both microphone and audio).

Note that my BIOS has the USB legacy checked (which was checked by default I assume before the Win 10 upgrade). Not sure if that BIOS setting makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

Running on Windows 10 Pro via boot camp, this worked for me with CG H2100 Wireless.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having some issues regarding Windows 10 and my pair of Corsair 1500. Currently when I boot up my PC and plug in my headset, it is picked up. However, after I switch devices or unplug and plug it back in, it stops working, as other people have also reported in this thread.

cailloux's solution works to a certain point. It will pick up the headset until I switch or unplug, in which case I either have to reboot or delete the device again, which is a pain if done multiple times a day.

Any other workarounds that someone has found? Or are we stuck waiting for official release of drivers?

I myself am waiting for HS40 drivers for windows 10, can't use virtual surround and I am starting to get really annoyed.

join the club dude just gotta wait but im not waiting much longer ill send back my hs40 to amazon if they dont release drivers soon..

join the club dude just gotta wait but im not waiting much longer ill send back my hs40 to amazon if they dont release drivers soon..

Yeah man, it sucks that corsair can't their game together, I would expect drivers out by now at least, Windows 10 launched on the 29th July and it's now the 1st September, This is Unbelievable

Yeah man, it sucks that corsair can't their game together, I would expect drivers out by now at least, Windows 10 launched on the 29th July and it's now the 1st September, This is Unbelievable

It was the same when 8.1 was released and even then there was only two drivers released in the entire time 8.1 to 10 lifespan. I think many consumers would be more willing to accept delays if corsair communicated with us rather than it'll be before the end of 2016... we hope :laughing:

My advice is to avoid Windows 10 and all of its problems. Install Windows 7 and have no problems. There is no point to go from 7 to 10. DX12 is 10 only and would remove DX9 so it will end up like DX10.

Please stop demanding every company to make drivers for an OS you decided to install before checking for support. Like ME, 2000, and all 8, 10 is crap. Don't drag us down to 10 with you.

Windows 7 is not broke, don't try and fix it with an OS that is.

Please stop demanding every company to make drivers for an OS you decided to install before checking for support. Like ME, 2000, and all 8, 10 is crap. Don't drag us down to 10 with you.

theres nothing wrong with windows 10 ive had no problems using it after deleting all the ms apps and crap. we not demanding anything we bought the hs40 headset and expect corsair to update the drivers. its been over a month since window 10 is released and more people are going to want it when they get win10. software is just as important as hardware btw u stick with wins7 and dx10 gpu maybe its better for u being a simpleton and all

My advice is to avoid Windows 10 and all of its problems. Install Windows 7 and have no problems. There is no point to go from 7 to 10. DX12 is 10 only and would remove DX9 so it will end up like DX10.

Windows 7 is not broke, don't try and fix it with an OS that is.

Literally the worst post in this thread.

Corsair JUST created a new set of headphones too. People are buying them. They use a different set (and also flawed, apparently) set of drivers. Corsair wants its users to buy the latest and greatest, but their software support is abysmal. On one hand Corsair wants your money to upgrade, and on the other folks like you say we should have stayed on Windows 7 because it "wasn't broke"? It's a pretty safe assumption that the same subsection of people who upgrade to the latest hardware also upgrade to the latest software, thus many Corsair enthusiasts are also on the newest Windows. Why wouldn't they support us? Early adopters are Corsair's target market.

FYI Razer Surround Pro just had a big update. Still work great with H2100 etc...

sorry to bother but is there any news on the hs40 drivers update?

many thanks

Hi Neo_Geo, just real quickly to why it is taking a while. The HS40 software team was a 3rd party software team that we haven't been working with for some time now. We've reached out to them a few weeks ago to get an update. Once we have better information where they're at, we'll publicly give an update.

we gotta wait until the 3rd party team does it could take weeks :[pouts:

Archived