Corsair Community

Problem with middle click? Solution inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to voice that the "turn to the side and click the middle button a lot" solution is still valid. I love my Ironclaw RGB. My only hate-point is the middle button failing. I've already replaced one with Corsair support. Now I've had my second mouse middle-button start to fail.

So I went searching for anything I might have missed (again - I already did this once and ended up replacing it).

Lo and behold, I came across this article. Turn your mouse to the side and cough -- er, click it a lot. I turned it right and clicked. It started working! I turned it left and clicked. It worked more!

Thank you for this information. It just saved another call to Corsair support and them sending me a new mouse.

• 8 months later...

Amazing, it actually worked.  Not sure why I never thought of the old "bang it a few times and see if that fixes it"!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've created an account just to say that this is the dumbest, yet smartest way I had to fix a hardware issue.

I've been uninstalling and installing drivers all day, dismantling my mouse, pressing REAALLY HARD on the MMbutton and this is the solution? Brilliant.

Thank you 2015 post ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, this completely saved me from having to buy a new mouse. I use the middle click a lot and absolutely love my m95 so it was going to be a hard transition. Turn it on its side and tap the bottom so that it activates the middle click and it's working perfectly now. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had several m65 mice over the years starting in 2015. As of 2023 I've tried the 4 have and have run into this issue trying to use fusion 360 and every one of them has developed this exact issue. I decided to desolder one of the switches and see what was going on. To get into them you have to use an exacto-knife and cut the tops off of the 4 corner posts and then you can pop the switch open with some pressure under the top plate. What I found in side was the button top a cone shaped membrane to push down a convex metal disk that then touches a center post with 2 posts around the outside of the disc. The only thing I found was very thin surface "corrosion" on the underside of the metal disk. It's hard to even call it corrosion as it was just a slightly different dull color of the metal. I cleaned the inside of the switch with some 91% isopropyl and lightly scraped the disc to bring back shiny metal and then cleaned with Isopropyl. I then reassembled and it works like new. 

I don't recommend this method so I found a suitable replacement for people that would rather just desolder the old switch and replace with a better alternative. If anyone is interested in doing this switch replacement it appears that an Omron B3F-6020 switch would work. 

Here is the digikey link. https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/B3F-6020/5700025?s=N4IgTCBcDaIEIGYBiBaAbABjBkBdAvkA

I hope this helps someone.

• 5 months later...

I created an account just to say thank you years later. I thought I was going to have to buy another nightsword when the middle click quit responding entirely. I seen this thread and said theres no way that'll work... Next thing you know my button started working again after doing it. lol that a bam shame but Im glad it worked.

• 1 month later...