Corsair Community

540 on its side orientation

Hello,

First time builder and I ordered a 540 air. I am not going to use a water cooler. (stock intel cooler fan/heatsink)

a couple of questions

1. Is it ok if it sits on it's side? ie the "right" panel on the ground. (apartment carpet)(airflow issues?) (psu hanging too much pressure on the mountings?)

2. I would like to put the corsair led fans in it. Static pressure or high airflow?

3. If I want to put a neon light in the case is there a guide on how to do this?

Thank you,

Pwilson

Hey! Yes you can put it on the side if you want (I guess you mean so you get the window on the top?) you get some rubber feet with the case that you can put under it. and you can tilt the corsair logo around. I would go with AF fans since you're not going with watercooling since the SP ones are best for infront of rads, and maybe a stockpile of HDD's.

Neon light? Isn't it better to use some LED strips? Thats what I and most people use, and it's very easy to install with the double sided tape that are pre-applied on most strips. :)

Hey! Yes you can put it on the side if you want (I guess you mean so you get the window on the top?) you get some rubber feet with the case that you can put under it. and you can tilt the corsair logo around. I would go with AF fans since you're not going with watercooling since the SP ones are best for infront of rads, and maybe a stockpile of HDD's.

Neon light? Isn't it better to use some LED strips? Thats what I and most people use, and it's very easy to install with the double sided tape that are pre-applied on most strips. :)

thank you very much!

Archived