Corsair Community

AX860i Problem

psychov

I appear to have an issue with my power supply.

For no apparent reason the system power will turn off, then try to power up and turn off within a few seconds and on and off again in an indefinite loop.

The only way to get the power supply to turn back on (and I can consistently confirm it is the power supply) is to wiggle one of the plugs at the PSU (main motherboard connector) the on off loop then stops instantly - the plug is very snug, and I am not moving the wires, just the plug!

This issue is NOT generated by the motherboard not sensing a CPU fan as this is disabled in the bios. I am operating well within the limits of the PSU - 439W max output.

This issue can happen at any time, even when the system is at idle @ 160w.

Suggestions welcomed :)

No its the PSU end, motherboard and everything else are fine, on the old PSU, no issues with the old PSU.

did you check if 24 pins by the PSU is properly in? is makes a click sound when is fully attached.

and remember its 2 separate plugs. so to make sure....

I bought the ax860 and I had a huge problem with getting the 12v pin to stay in. I had to use extreme force to finally get it to click. Everytime I would connect it and put the psu back in, it would slowly slip out...or wasn't properly connected. It drove me nuts. It was giving me the same problem that you have.

Archived