Corsair Community

H80i bricked after 2.6.5214 firmware update...

mynameisbear

I've been keeping up with the beta drivers, hoping a version will come that doesn't crash on startup most of the time.

After updating to 2.6 last night, Corsair Link insisted at every restart that my firmware be updated from 1.07 to 1.07, so I finally clicked OK and let it do its thing; I've been through a few firmware updates with this h80i since December, so I knew what to expect - at most, a minute or three of high fan speed.

The fans were still running full blast an hour later, so I let it sit overnight; still running full blast. I checked Device Manager and saw a yellow (!) and something about being unable to enumerate the device. I finally had to restart the computer for unrelated reasons, and now the device doesn't show in the device manager at all.

Now the H80i doesn't show up in Corsair Link at all, doesn't show up in Device Manager at all, and my fans are running in zombie mode (high fan speed since no drivers are loaded.)

This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Hey bear, sorry to hear that you've got this problem. It's not something that I've heard of or experienced yet (I'm running the 100i with 2.6), but it's definitely something that I'll bring up to our product manager to see if it's an issue that we can fix for you.

On the upside, the Corsair Link hasn't crashed a single time since I updated to 2.6. Sure, my device bricked, but you win some, you lose some. ;)

Archived