Corsair Community

Node core working, but not detected in icue

Bower946

Hello, I was looking for a ram solution to some plane white 16 gig sticks my pre built came with a few years ago. I decided to go with corsairs vengeance pro 16 gig kit due to the looks and reviews. I then got a st100 pro rgb headset stand and I’ve been very happy with both products, no issues both look and perform great. I then decided I’d like to deck out the rest of my build with other Corsair products, recently upgrading to the long awaited h150i pro rgb xt, and also ordered a three pack of ql120’s with lighting node core and also a single ql120. My pc posted and all rgb lights are working, and fans are spinning, also I should mention the h150i works flawlessly. I started Icue and the ram, h100, and h150i all are displaying in the Icue devices header. The issue is that the node core is not, I’ve done plenty of research, updated bios, uninstalled re installed I cue, updated drivers, disabled Windows fast startup and nothing has changed. The sata power connecter is clearly not the problem, as everything runs perfectly, so that means it’s my usb2.0 connecter. I’m wondering if I have a faulty node core Usb connector or if it’s my motherboard header. I actually ordered a commander pro and I plugged it into the exact same header my node core was plugged into. Commander pro was detected and no issues. But even connected to the commander pro USB header, the node core is still not being detected. I think I will be contacting Corsair to send me a new node core as you cannot just buy them individually, but I wanted to see if anyone has some advice for me. I’d also just plug the node core into another motherboard but I don’t have one at my disposal. Anyways I apologize for the novel but I wanted to give some background info to help understand my situation, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate that, thank you

I have the same issue. Just about everything in my PC is from Corsair which means I need two Commander Pros and two RGB Hubs. One of the RGB Hubs isn't working. It's getting power but iCUE isn't even registering it which means six of my nine fans are lit up in my custom light scheme while the other three are just white. Both RGB hubs came with the QL fans I bought so they're designed to work with them. Could be a faulty hub which sucks.

I'm not saying this will fix the issue, but it worked for me...

I have 10 x QL120's, 2 Lighting Node Core's and 2 Commander Pro's. I only have 2 USB 2.0 headers on my Motherboard so I thought easy, will plug 1 Commander Pro in each and I will then have 4 USB ports. I then plugged the Lighting Nodes in to one Commander Pro and my AX1600i and an IR Power button (most amazing gadget I own!) on to the other. Booted up in to Windows and iCUE wasn't seeing all my Lighting Nodes but all fans where lighting up and spinning. I ended up adding my NZXT USB internal hub and plugging the Commander Pro's in to that and everything works now :s

The fix I had to use was to unplug the lighting node from sata, unplug from usb. Use paperclip to push in the tiny hole on front of the unit.

Plug the usb connection back in but not sata. This brought the device up on my system as a drive with 128kb. Made backup of the firmware on that device, then deleted it.

Then copied the newest version of firmware from the attached zip file onto the device. Then unplug from usb. Then plug back in the usb and sata, then it was finally detected by icue.

I did this twice now because the new icue update is serverly screwing up the device. It keeps flashing the firmware into not being recognized.

Corsair-CLNP-Firmware.zip

The fix I had to use was to unplug the lighting node from sata, unplug from usb. Use paperclip to push in the tiny hole on front of the unit.

Plug the usb connection back in but not sata. This brought the device up on my system as a drive with 128kb. Made backup of the firmware on that device, then deleted it.

Then copied the newest version of firmware from the attached zip file onto the device. Then unplug from usb. Then plug back in the usb and sata, then it was finally detected by icue.

I did this twice now because the new icue update is serverly screwing up the device. It keeps flashing the firmware into not being recognized.

may I ask, what "tiny hole?"