Corsair Community

Having trouble with H100i and Asus X99 deluxe MB in 400R case

I'm a first time builder so any help would be appreciated. I was told the H100i would fit just fine in the Corsair 400r case but I"m using a brand new Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard and I"m worried that there isn't enough clearance. Can anyone help with this? The last thing I want to do is get it all put together and then have to take it all apart and go buy a bigger case.

Once again I"m using a :

Corsair 400r Case

Corair H100i Liquid Cooling

Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard

Corsair Vegeance 2800 DDR4 ram.

I'm included a pic of my case.

10250328_10100241032196549_6922023250234553887_n.jpg.c3a10454dd6f520d374a1a9a7163c87f.jpg

I see your motherboard has heat channel? covers all over it and why you are concerned.

The H100i can have the hoses come down from the left or right.

The MB top "cover" may block the radiator from getting up and back to the install holes.

Install your MB and memory, and Carefully hold the H100i radiator up into position and see if it clears the top MB cooling cover and can be installed.

If the radiator clears the top of the MB, the it is a decision for hoses on the left or on the right.

My Asus Z87-Deluxe/Quad has on top of my memory modules cooling fans and an AirFlow display, and all of it sticks out of my MB about 4 inches, and I replaced the 2 fans on the radiator with 4, and it somehow still cleared my MB,. but I did a test fit to make sure. So, no hoses on my MB right. On the left, I have a big outflow fan, that the hoses were rubbing it , so I bought a sturdy metal fan guard to protect the hoses from hitting the fan. It was a tight fit but mine worked out. I think your only issue will be how far the top cover on you motherboard sticks out. Try a test fit.

I'm a first time builder so any help would be appreciated. I was told the H100i would fit just fine in the Corsair 400r case but I"m using a brand new Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard and I"m worried that there isn't enough clearance. Can anyone help with this? The last thing I want to do is get it all put together and then have to take it all apart and go buy a bigger case.

Once again I"m using a :

Corsair 400r Case

Corair H100i Liquid Cooling

Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard

Corsair Vegeance 2800 DDR4 ram.

I'm included a pic of my case.

Just move the hoses to the opposite side of the case...ie flip the radiator around...that's what I did. Works perfect. I have a similar MB.

Have fun!

Archived