Corsair Community

About the Commander PRO

007vsMagua

I'm starting to put together a new RGB build.

So far I've picked up the NZXT S340 Elite / White, a MSI Z270 Gaming M7, an EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3, an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2, and a Black/White cable kit from BitFenix.

It's taken me awhile to put all these parts together because I keep waiting for deals...I'm in no hurry. I'm typing this on a build I put together seven years ago with only an occasional GPU upgrade and I hope my new build will last at least seven years also. I'm still waiting to see what is going to happen on the memory and storage front. I'm going to go with the i7 over the i5 because I see that games and other programs are getting better at using multithreading.

I'm kind of in Limbo when thinking about RGB fans and lighting. I've kind of checked out NZXT's HUE+ and it's nice that they designed it to fit in a SSD slot with an LED that looks nice when displayed. The Commander PRO looks to be a more robust unit with more options.

My Questions:

Are all RGB Fans and RGB Wire Strips equipped with standardized connections?

Will any RGB Fan or RGB Wire Strip work with the Commander PRO?

1. Are all RGB Fans and RGB Wire Strips equipped with standardized connections?
  2. Will any RGB Fan or RGB Wire Strip work with the Commander PRO?

1. All will have the same fan connections and the CLCP should be able to control any fan speed. I have used several different fans on my CLCPs with no real issues.
  2. No, you need to use 5 volt with the I think WS2812 SMC modules, have a read of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029
  3. The only RGB fans that I know will work are the Corsair HD140/120 RGB LED + SP140/120 RGB LED fans.

Are all RGB Fans and RGB Wire Strips equipped with standardized connections?

Our HD120/HD140 and SP120 RGB fans (connected to their respective hubs) will be direct fit into the Commander PRO.

Will any RGB Fan or RGB Wire Strip work with the Commander PRO?

Just our fans and Lighting Node Pro. :)

OK, I just looked at a couple of Y-T's from Computex and it looks like a new Corsair CPU Cooler is on the way and I have to say it looks great. I forgot to mention in my original Post that I'm also looking at RGB CPU Liquid Coolers. I like the way this new Corsair looks maybe more than the X62. Not as flashy, but with decent form. I'll be keeping my eye out.

Archived