Corsair Community

K70 RGB now crashing when trying to create a custom profile

Anorax

Ok I have had a good chance to play with the K70 RGB software .. except I haven't. I managed to get the HWProfile1 activated and started creating a custom profile but after a period of time the software just crashes continuously. If I reboot the computer it is operational again but after a time it starts crashing again.

The keyboard is still usable but I can't change any colour settings. I now cannot select the Profiles tab. I can still select the Actions, Lighting, and Settings tabs.

I noticed when I could still select Profiles there was an exclamation mark overlayed onto the small keyboard graphic and it said something about hardware failure.

Unplug/re-plug your keyboard. Make sure that both connectors are plugged in and that you're running the latest firmware.

Yes latest firmware is loaded. (Firmware 1.10, Bootloader 0.09).

As you say unplug/re-plug does fix the issue temporarily but after an hour working within the software it eventually starts crashing again.

What USB ports do you have it connected too? I suggest connecting them to USB 2.0 ports as instructed by the Software.

Yup done that.

Also for general reference custom profiles and settings are stored in C:\Users\[login]\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\HID

Ok and the software has now crashed again. Not very happy about this.

I was creating a custom profile and tried to upload it to the keyboard. Software crashed, exclamation mark overlaid on the keyboard symbol in the software with "Device Malfunction" popping up. Keyboard is still working ok but the lighting is now locked on (EG. caps lock key works but the caps lock status light does not change). I am still getting "USB device not recognised" each time I reconnect the keyboard.

Archived