Corsair Community

M65 RGB Elite

SongJiHyoZ

Hi everyone,

I just got a new M65 RGB Elite, just one round of initial plug in, the mouse was used for less than 2 mins and it stopped working with the ! error in the icue software.

I tried MANY things:

1) Reboot

2) Update drivers

3) Force update

4) Remove main driver from windows and reinstalling it.

So far, nothing works.... should i just return it back?

Unfortunately the red exclamation point is a general error and doesn't point at the real problem or indicate if its software or hardware based.

If you quit iCUE from the system tray, does the mouse then work normally?

Hi c-attack,

Thanks for the response.

So umm even quitting from the iCUE software didn't work.

I tried to test on 3 laptops to see if its the mouse issue. However all 3 laptops worked without any problems. (2 of them have corsair software in it)

So guessed it was my desktop issue, i decided to run the free version of drivereasy.

Found that one of the usb header for 3.1 is outdated. Since free version of drivereasy can't let you install automatically, i manually looked for the driver version given by drivereasy. And used that port instead for the mouse.

Had a good solid 4 hours of gameplay at modern warfare earlier with no freeze at all. So i am guessing its usb issue? 0.o I'm not really sure of myself... nowadays with windows 10 update not being an update its really an unknown situation to determine what is cause of the problem...

You may need to update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

BIOS update utilities from Asus

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1030050

BIOS versions:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Hi Chris, my BIOS is already at the latest version due to the overclocking issue from windows 10 therefore had to update to the latest.

And replace the mouse when it's crappy Omron switches fail, those are not original Japanese switches.

Hi Mineria, as much as i hate the mouse from Corsair, i simply just wanted an overall alignment for the complete package with the keyboard, mouse, headphone stand, ram, and fans and light strip to be sync together, as of below :)

icue.thumb.PNG.4063be6490a9ce24ec81dd9500d8c125.PNG

As much as i wanted to use the headset from corsair as well, comfort for my ears to me was way more important than the over RGB aesthetics.

Besides the M65 has been around probably since 2015/2016. So coming from someone that used the M65 original the feeling is definitely better than the new ones that corsair has offered. Therefore i stuck to the upgraded version. Of course with that said i will definitely stack up another different brand of mice if the USB problem comes again...

Edited by SongJiHyoZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mineria, as much as i hate the mouse from Corsair

There is really nothing to hate about the mouse except from Corsair using low quality switches, in fact, the M65 shape is what fits best in my palm.

Using a G602 now though, since getting Japanese Omron switches currently adds way to high shipping costs, caused by COVID-19 they claim.

I only use Corsairs RGB to highlight keys on my keyboard, so all stored in the hardware without the need to have iCue nor it's services running at all.