Corsair Community

ICUE/CoPro questions/requests?

BlaiseP

I have to admit that the Commander Pro is one versatile little product which I use for my full EKWB custom water cooling loop (CPU & 2 x 1080 TI's). That said, I have a number of questions...

1. Has any progress been made on supporting hysteresis curves for controlling the fans? I ask this because it has been eluded to in the past by Corsair:
    Just as a heads up, we do have fan hysteresis coming for Commander Pro, and are working on revising the fan curves.

2. Seeing as you can configure CoPro fan ports as 3/4 pin, is it possible to request that if configured as 4 pin, we can specify the fan speed in percentage rather than a fixed RPM?
    I have a full EKWB custom loop with a 240 & 420 radiator (ergo, a mix of 120mm and 140mm fans). These fans are linked to the coolant temperature via a Phobya inline 10kΩ sensor connected to the CoPro. Currently I specify a fan curve for 120mm fans and another for 140mm fans as they obviously have different rev ranges (ML-120 & ML-140).

3. Regarding "Notifications": From what I can see, actions may only be taken based off a temperature threshold eg. if the temperature "X" exceeds "Y" degrees. Is it possible to allow a notification to be triggered if a fan fails, ie. 0 RPM?
    I ask this as I control my PWM D5 pump via a fan header on the the CoPro (actually I have it fixed to 40%). I want to know if my pump fails/stops at any stage by reading the RPM which isn't possible at present. The only notification I can set on my CoPro is the coolant temperature (which I have - threshold 40°C).

PS, I just noticed that my RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R) is now known within ICUE. In the past, the widgets in DASHBOARD and ICUE SPACE were untitled albeit they showed the timings.

1) Yes, this needs improvement.

2) It wouldn't change much, just an extra math step for those that really didn't pay any attention in school. What's 50% for one fan may not be the right speed for another. With the C-Pro, you can have endless lists of different fan profiles, so this shouldn't be a daily control issue.

3) This could probably use some more complexity. However, you can set warnings from temp sensor values so you should be able to set a 60C (or whatever) temp warning for the inline coolant sensor. If your loop hits 60C, you probably have an issue and if the pump shuts down, you will get there pretty fast.

Thank c-attack.

1. Good, I hope it is on the agenda for a future release. I use the default curves (quiet, balanced, extreme) for my case fans,
  2. That's what I did via a spreadsheet before keying in the curves. I have one curve set for the 120mm fans - the 240 rad and another or the 420 rad - 140mm fans.
  3. I am doing what you suggested already but using 40°C as the alert/warning threshold (might bump it up if it works out too low).

1) Oh, then I can see why this peaked your interest. The default presets on the C-Pro are a bit nutty. I would definitely make a custom curve. There is a huge list of available control variables besides the native (and hidden) CPU temp control scheme. You don't need case fan or any other fan type running off CPU temp in a water cooled system.

3) Quite right. The position in the loop of the inline 10K sensor likely has a large effect on its reading if the pump were to shut down. Close to a hardware component likely brings quick temp increases. After the radiator might not.

1) 'll investigate what other readings might be more suitable to prevent the ramping up/down.

3) Once the coolant temperature normalises, it shouldn't make much of a difference where the sensor is in the loop. That being said, I have it after the CPU but before the 240 radiator.

Once again, thanks c-attack.

Archived