Corsair Community

Corsair H100iGTX temperature problem

fkjchon

I'm having some thermal issue with my H100iGTX.

My i7 5820K used to idle at around ~30'C, now it is idling at 60'C, when watching twitch streams it could go up to 100'C, I have reseated and reapplied thermal pastes multiple times, and I made sure the radiator is not covered in dusts.

The pump speeds sit at around 3000rpm, the fan speeds vary depending on the liquid temperature with a 46'C liquid temperature when the CPU runs at 60'C.

The cooler is around 1.5 years old - bought in May 2015.

What could be the issue here?

e64b32dd079fb2a24745aef612f7e9f2.png

Hi,

I noticed that the VCPU is showing 1.9 volts. Either Link is showing the wrong voltage or you are about to cook your CPU. Check in the bois or with another program like Aida64 or HWMON.

I don't have that CPU but even over clocking I would not use more than 1.250 volts max.

I noticed that the VCPU is showing 1.9 volts. Either Link is showing the wrong voltage or you are about to cook your CPU.

This is probably VCCIN so 1.9 volts is fine. It's about time Corsair Link displayed the correct name and Corsair need a :asskick:.

The coolant to CPU temperature is fine, so I suspect the thermal paste is fine. I suspect there is some sort of blockage/pump failure and suspect you will need to RMA the unit. Request this via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

This is probably VCCIN so 1.9 volts is fine. It's about time Corsair Link displayed the correct name and Corsair need a :asskick:.

The coolant to CPU temperature is fine, so I suspect the thermal paste is fine. I suspect there is some sort of blockage/pump failure and suspect you will need to RMA the unit. Request this via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

Is there any way for me to diagnose whether it's a blockage/pump failure?

I have tried changing the pump speed to Quiet in Corsair Link which results in 1600~rpm and the temperature only increases by about 3'C.

It's going to be a pain for me to setup RMA because I imported the cooler.

The issue is definitely inside the cooler, either a blockage or failing pump as Red Ray suggested. Your coolant temp is ranging between 45-60C. It should never get that high on a full load with a very high overclock. At this point the issue is severe and you should take steps to find a replacement, one way or another.

Interesting since I am having the same problem.

H100i GTX - It will be 1 year old this week.

CPU: 4790k

Idle Temp: 30-40C

Load Temp: 90C in BF4/BF1 (When I saw that I closed out of the game ASAP).

I submitted an RMA request and was approved for a RMA. I'm in the US so it won't be a bad process.

I bought a 212 EVO (air) CPU cooler to tie me over. It was only $23.75 off Amazon.

Good Luck OP. Keep us updated.

I have submitted an RMA request 2 days ago and have yet to hear back from Corsair. In the mean time I have ordered a Noctua D15, I have decided theres too many potential parts that could fail in a AIO watercooler.

The fans have went crazy once on these H100i GTX already, I had to replace the SP120s included because they were stuck at max RPM for some weird reason with Noctua fans.

I have submitted an RMA request 2 days ago and have yet to hear back from Corsair. In the mean time I have ordered a Noctua D15, I have decided theres too many potential parts that could fail in a AIO watercooler.

The fans have went crazy once on these H100i GTX already, I had to replace the SP120s included because they were stuck at max RPM for some weird reason with Noctua fans.

Yeah it took them about 2 days for them to get back to me for my RMA.

I'm sure you will be more happy with the D15

Archived