Corsair Community

Carbide 400q with an H100i

Rwr38

Apologies for Mr Amateur here

Just ordered all the components for a new set up. This will be my first ever PC build. I've just found a review on the Carbide 400q case (which is wending its way over from Amazon) but now I'm concerned.

The reviewer states (and shows) that there's little to no room at the top of the case to install fans and a radiator such as the h100i (which has already arrived).

This means it would need to be installed at the front?

01. Is this advisable?

02. If it's doable do I need to keep the front panel off the PC while its in operation?

03. What would be the recommended route? Front of PC/fans/ radiator or front of PC/radiator/fans?

All help/advice appreciated

Thanks

Apologies for Mr Amateur here

Just ordered all the components for a new set up. This will be my first ever PC build. I've just found a review on the Carbide 400q case (which is wending its way over from Amazon) but now I'm concerned.

The reviewer states (and shows) that there's little to no room at the top of the case to install fans and a radiator such as the h100i (which has already arrived).

01. Is this advisable?

02. If it's doable do I need to keep the front panel off the PC while its in operation?

03. What would be the recommended route? Front of PC/fans/ radiator or front of PC/radiator/fans?

Thanks

1) It's certainly a viable option, Corsair specifically advertises the case as being compatible with the H100i and H110.

2) You shouldn't have to. The front panel is vented to allow sufficient airflow for any front-mounted fans.

3) If I were making use of this configuration(and I might be in the near future), I'd want the fans blowing air across the radiator, not trying to pull air through it. So that would mean lining them up as PC/fans/radiator. As long as the mounting setup allows it, it should be doable.

• Corsair Employee

01. Is this advisable?

Thanks

Your H100i can fit either on the top or in the front, so you have some flexibility depending on how you want it setup. Top mount will be a bit more cramped out of the two configurations.

Not sure if your case arrived yet, but here is another thread for the sister case (400Q) where they have some pics with a front mount configuration, and you can get a better idea which route you want to go.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156176

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Dont do it unless you can source the screws for the front (countersink), you will need to do this yourself as corsair ignore requests for help over them in both ticket form, forum post's and facebook messages

We currently don't offer countersunk screws for the radiators or fans. I've reached out to our engineers regarding this. As soon as we have an update, we'll pass the info along to you.

• 2 weeks later...
We currently don't offer countersunk screws for the radiators or fans. I've reached out to our engineers regarding this. As soon as we have an update, we'll pass the info along to you.

I too would LOVE this as an option, fyi. the top fan filter on my 450D doesn't sit quite flat because of the screws holding my H100i GTX in place. It's a minor issue overall, but it's still annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Along these same lines, would it be possible to use the H100i V2 in the front along with a 3rd 120mm fan? The 400Q tech specs mention supporting 3 x 120mm fans up front, so I was wondering if it was possible to place the H100i V2 where the top two fans would go while also a 3rd 120mm fan towards the bottom.

Finally, the 400Q tech specs mention compatibility with a H105 cooler; however, I don't see that on the website. Has it been re-branded under a new name?

As always, I thank you for your assistance!

• Corsair Employee

A third fan won't be able to fit with a radiator due to the endtanks for the radiator. They will extend into the opening where the third would be mounted.

The H105 has not been rebranded or renamed, but should fit fine in the case.

Archived