Corsair Community

K70 Keyboard ot detected and malfunctions.

Pixey

Hello, i got a vengeance k70 keyboard for Christmas and i went to install drivers and firmware and the keyboard but i have a rather irritating issue. the keyboard isn't detected by windows, corsair software or anything else for that matter. when i plug it in it makes the beep type sound then a message appears in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "the last USB device you connected has malfunctioned. reconnect the device to solve the problem, if this does not work the device may not be working properly." i do understand that this may mean that the keyboard is broken but i don't want to send the keyboard back and have to wait forever for a new one.

I got the K70 Cherry Red (not RGB) and a similar issue is occurring. I went to install the firmware update because a lot of the functions on my keyboard weren't working. Now, I just have these three flashing white lights and nothing can find the keyboard. Extremely disappointing product.

Been reading around and it seems the three flashing white lights can be fixed by changing your polling rate and changing it back again (potentially while the system is off). Hopefully that'll sort that for you.

I'm still sitting with a broken keyboard with the same problem - button to change the profile is lit, brightness button is lit and num lock light is lit, but the keyboard is totally unresponsive and says that it isn't connected when I try to update the firmware on 2 different machines - i assume its broken? :(

Archived