Corsair Community

Questions about my power options for my H60

chabz

I bought the H60 and a motherboard with only 2 fan headers (CPU and 1 system fan). The H60 radiator fan has a 4 pin and the pump has a 4 pin but the pump also has a Sata male connector. The case comes with two 3 pin fans that I want to connect to the system fan header.

1. Do I have to plug in the 4 pin for the pump if I plug in the Sata male connector?
  2. Can I use a PWM splitter to let the CPU fan header control both the pump and the radiator fan?
  3. Could I use a Sata to 3 pin adapter to feed a constant 12v to the pump and, if so, will this cause the pump to die earlier than normal from constantly running at max power?

Sorry for so many questions!

Edited by chabz

The SATA is required. That is the pump power. The single wire “false connector” reports a pump speed to the BIOS and solves the cpu fan boot error you get when nothing is there. It cannot control the pump or fan speeds. It’s physically missing the proper wire. You do not have to connect the pump fan connector, but won’t see pump speed if you don’t.

Do not cut voltage to the pump. Yes, undervolting is not going to help with longevity.

So it sounds like a PWM splitter for the radiator fan and the pump is the way to go! Thank you so much!

Do you have any literature to share on these AIOs? The FAQ is a bit lacking and I would like to get a better understanding how they work.

I am not sure there is one single repository of cooler data. How each model works varies and we have to figure it out one at a time. One thing that is now more common is the SATA pump power. The arrival of RGB everywhere increased fan current needs. This is a good thing for the pump anyway and gets people away from accidental voltage shortages, like when you flash your bios and forget to go fix the fan curve.

The fan can be paired of with another and run from whatever control source you have available.