Corsair Community

Wishlist: Put the 3 boxes in one please and take wireless connectors!

tyrannosaurus

1.) Why not put all this clutter in one box, shouldn't be too complicated?

I'm just about ordering this kit, but what holds me back now is these 3 boxes with tons of cables. And it doesn't read the internal temps like AIDA64 sensors, doesn't it? And the sensor cables are too short I've read.

2.) Please develop some sort of wireless fan and led network controller.

What gets one my nerves mostly in computers are cables, cables, cables.....

The color thingy is revolutionary, no need to buy heaps of expensive led strips in different colors like I did in the past weeks.

So, Team Corsair, what do You think?

Pretty sure it is in a Box with three smaller boxes inside.

Internal Temps such as CPU/GPU/HD? If so, The Link software should display it. The Sensor cables are for areas you want to know how hot/cold it is eg. the Northbridge heatsink.

I don't think there will be a thing called Wireless fans. Where would the power to the fans come from? Batteries that need replacing every time the fan stops would not be convenient, wastes money too. (May come in the future, But who knows).

Pretty sure it is in a Box with three smaller boxes inside.

Internal Temps such as CPU/GPU/HD? If so, The Link software should display it. The Sensor cables are for areas you want to know how hot/cold it is eg. the Northbridge heatsink.

As fare as I've read, Link is only linked with Corsair products, so you only get data from Corsair sensors. That said Corsair Link is only for Corsair Republic, aliens not supported.

I don't think there will be a thing called Wireless fans. Where would the power to the fans come from? Batteries that need replacing every time the fan stops would not be convenient, wastes money too. (May come in the future, But who knows).

LOL. I'm talking about wireless sensors not power cables. A wireless network with Bluetooth or wifi is easy to build. Look at the tiny wireless mice wifi USB dongles.

:idea: But nevertheless, it should be feasable to include some internal cable routes in the cases with headers at the point where you need them.

I can't believe why product managers don't develop such easy to do solutions which would make everybody happy!

Don't get what you are trying to say with the Link is only linked with Corsair products. I'm guessing you area talking about the temperature sensors made by Corsair, and Link only works with the sensor made by Corsair and alien (non-Corsair sensors) won't work?

They may or may not work, Corsair made those sensors so it can work with the Link Software/Commander. Alien made sensors won't work as they may have a different design to them that does alien stuff.

If you're talking about the normal CPU/GPU/HD temps they are supported by the Link Software.

Blog Post on Link

http://www.corsair.com/blog/corsair-link-testing-battlefield-3-style/

Not sure about the Bluetooth thing as you would still need wires to power the fan, And being cost-wise, Putting in a wire to send the RPMs is probably cheaper than the Bluetooth chip solution. But it may come in the future, If fans can get power without wires.

Hmmm, lost in translation?

Please understand my thread as an open thread to add ideas for a better product.

I try it again:

1. I'd like: The link commander + Corsair Link Cooling Kit + Corsair Link Lighting Node be built in one box. 3 additional boxes with heaps of cables is modders hell, I want a clean rig.

Strangely Corsair had no pics of the set of the three alltogether, reason? May look not that stylish.

You find the pics in the 10 questions but not on the main side. And the 2 white Molex look gruesome. Why not sleeved black?

2. Maybe a Corsair Mod can clear this point: Does the commander read the Motherboard sensors like Aida64 and alter them like speedfan (which in my case never worked)?

OK. Got it. Link does read system temps. Someone stated it reads only from Corsair sensors.

3. Would be nice if Corsair could make a better description with hires fotos and a new video showing the installation process including all the wires and a more detailed software configuration.

There is one from psylacus or what he calls himself, but that could be bit more detailed.

I never installed the sensor cables coming with my fancontroller, makes me sick, got a cable phobia.

Somehow the whole Linky Kitty is a bit complicated and the product presentation not too appealing, maybe if at least available there will come some reviews and tests for evaluation.

1. I'd like: The link commander + Corsair Link Cooling Kit + Corsair Link Lighting Node be built in one box. 3 additional boxes with heaps of cables is modders hell, I want a clean rig. .

i think if it were integrated it would be harder to fit different boxes,of course if it were all wireless now that would be great

1.) Why not put all this clutter in one box, shouldn't be too complicated?

I'm just about ordering this kit, but what holds me back now is these 3 boxes with tons of cables. And it doesn't read the internal temps like AIDA64 sensors, doesn't it? And the sensor cables are too short I've read.

2.) Please develop some sort of wireless fan and led network controller.

What gets one my nerves mostly in computers are cables, cables, cables.....

The color thingy is revolutionary, no need to buy heaps of expensive led strips in different colors like I did in the past weeks.

So, Team Corsair, what do You think?

Lets just wish that the software works :sigh!:

Archived