Corsair Community

Fan upgrade

JediMa

Hi I have a NZXT H710i case (black + red) with Corsair Serie Hydro H115i PRO RGB, . Now I would like to replace the exhaust 140mm fan with a red led that at least performs like the stock one (better performance is even better ofc..) .

Which one should i take? I was considering Corsair ML 140 pro or an AF is better? Silent is appreciated too..

ty

It's hard to pick up much performance gain at the rear exhaust unless you have one clanker of a fan that you can't bring yourself to run at more than 600 rpm. Most all fans will be effective.

On the decorative side, most RGB fans these days will require a lighting controller and additional power to light up all those LEDs. That list includes the Corsair SP-RGB, SP-PRO, ML, HD, LL, and QL series. We've gone a long way since 4 bulbs at the corners. That makes doing 1 single fan a bit intensive on the hardware requirements.

However, there are some less expensive (and less intense) RGB fans that can run from a MB RGB header. Or if you know you want red and only red, an AF140 LED Red will work just fine. Remember that the prior generation of LED fans were almost all DC voltage controlled. That means the lights will dim with reduced fan speed. The ML140 Pro LED series (Red, Blue, or White) was one of the first to be PWM and have center lit LEDs for a very different look. I love these fans still and the clear blade and center lit hub do a perfect subtle white. Find some pictures of the red to make sure you like it. The clear blade makes it more subtle and not the same as the current 30 LEDs in your face brightness. Both the AF140 LED and ML140 Pro LED require nothing more than a standard MB fan header for lighting and power.