Corsair Community

Can't update firmware on H100i

Salemik

When I first booted up my new system a month ago using the H100i with no "Corsair Link" software installed the Corsair logo on the pump was pure white. Upon installing the "Link" software (cant remember version but it had FW v 1.0.4) a slight pink tinge was present which could not be corrected by the link colour sliders although all three LED's were working. I ignored this as I figured I could maybe fix it later.

The logo is now red as the blue and green channels have stopped working. Temp is fine at 29 degrees. I uninstalled the link software and rebooted but the logo was still red. I followed links found on this forum and found "Link v2.3.4816" plus "FW v 2.0.6.

Installing Link v 2.3.4816 didn't help so I tried to update the FW from the v1.0.4 to v2.0.6 but when I do there is a dropdown box to select either "H100i" or "Commander" not knowing what to do (I only have H100i kit, pump, radiator plus fans) I've tried both. If I select "H100i" I get message "The firmware file is not correct", if I select "Commander" I get the message "Corsair Commander failed to reset" ( I suspect that I don't have Commander). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as would REALLY like to not have to return my cooler and be without my lovely new system.

Please keep any advice simple to follow as my knowledge of tekkie terms is limited and I've only got this far with system building by using Google :)

I have included a screen clipping of what I am talking about and hope it shows up.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

EDIT

I have now found FW v_1.1.12 and tried to update to that. Still getting message "The firmware file is not correct".

2037658549_FailedcorsairFWupdate.thumb.PNG.d35ae108121beab9cfcb772732181dc7.PNG

Thanks for that. The update to v1.05 worked but didn't fix LED issue so looks like the unit is faulty.

Now I suppose I'm going to be stuck without my PC while I drag this out with Amazon. I've just looked and they've pulled this product due to it being "not as described". So do I try another or bail out and get something more reliable?, as many people seem to be having this issue.

not sure where your looking but i see it still being sold.

I bought mine from Amazon themselves. The one you're looking at is probably being sold by ADMI or Ballicom.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-H100i-All-In-One-Digital-Performance/dp/B009ZN2NH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366764104&sr=8-1&keywords=h100i

Not really sure what to do as looking online there isn't really anything comparable. I've lost faith with the H100i now. Shame because I was pleased with it. Amazon's return policy seems likely to leave me without a PC for up to 2 months if they spin it out.

amazon is amazon regardless where there dist. is

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009ZN2NH6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

show where it was pulled

I already did. Click the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-H100i-All-In-One-Digital-Performance/dp/B009ZN2NH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366764104&sr=8-1&keywords=h100i

And "Amazon is Amazon" isn't true when thing go wrong. I've had it before with a £1000 motherboard bundle. If you buy from an "Amazon trader", Amazon won't help you.

Archived