Corsair Community

K55 Alt Key Not Functioning Properly.

sovskeet

I purchased this keyboard a year or 2 ago and I have used it everyday since. It's a great keyboard and a great option if you want a mechanical feeling keyboard without breaking the bank. Anyways, it has functioned perfectly ever since I got it. That is, until I restarted my PC to factory settings. For context, the PC was incredibly bloated and was running very poorly despite being only a year or 2 old. I decided to reset it so it would run better and it did! (This was about a few months ago btw.) Unfortunately, some issues came about and my keyboard started to act up. More specifically, the Alt key. Whenever I press it, the Windows key gets triggered and I believe the CTRL key as well. I noticed this issue when I tried to open up Geforce Experience and the Start Menu opened. I have looked on Google and it seems that the problem is with my keyboard, not Windows itself. The only other time I've seen with this issue was on a thread on this forum about 3 years ago, and that had the same problem only with the colors swapping as well. I really want this issue fixed. It's affecting my game capturing as well as other keybinds such as CTRL+ALT+DEL and ALT+F4. If you know how to solve this issue, please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: I am an idiot. It turns out the Alt key and the Windows key were swapped.

Edited by sovskeet

• 9 months later...

I have been having the same issue with my Corsair K55 keyboard. The Alt and Shift keys appear to be sending the signal that they are depressed when they are not. This creates issues in many games and in Star Citizen it has become a larger issue when I try to change camera angle with the f4 button and since Alt is sending the signal it is being pressed the f4 for camera change ends up quitting the App and resulting in hours of lost effort on my side.

I have never had this issue with another companys keyboards. It is enough to make me want to change back to corsairs competitors.