Corsair Community

AX860i Cold Start Problem

AdamTrans

Hey there

I recently bought the AX860i and its an awesome psu!! But ever since I had installed it I have to boot twice in order to get a display(talking about first startup after being shutdown after long periods).

When I switch it on after a cold start everything boots and I can hear the windows login sound but no display, I then have to press the shutdown or reset buttons on my tower for it to boot a second time and then I get a display.

So before I started troubleshooting I knew this started happening when I swapped out my old psu for the AX860i. So I reinstalled my old 550W psu and the problem was gone, I left my old psu in for a few days to test properly with the cold start issue and it never reoccurred so I took the AX860i back to the dealer to get a replacement.

When I got my replacement AX860i I installed it and it still does the same thing, its really frustrating I tried resetting my bios, tested my RAM, reseated my video card, tried another monitor but it was none of those.

Its almost as if on a cold startup the psu isnt giving enough power to my video card. I have done a self test on the psu before installing it and the green light comes on and fan spins up.

Is it a motherboard compatibility issue or is it not happy with my video card? cause I mean 2 expensive power supplies and both act the same.... I dont know what to do....

Any help would be much appreciated!

Is it a motherboard compatibility issue or is it not happy with my video card? cause I mean 2 expensive power supplies and both act the same.... I dont know what to do....

Thats a good question! I would tend to think more MB than GPU. But, really there is no way to tell without swapping them out. Do you by any chance have a spare GPU to try?

Looks like its my gpu thats faulty:[pouts:, I put my brothers card in and left the system off for about an hour with psu off and booted perfectly, card is still under warranty so Im gonna get a replacement. Thank goodness its not the psu!!

Thank you for your suggestions.

Archived