Corsair Community

Overclock problem c4 6400 xms2

so i've got it running at stock speeds; 400mhz freq, 4-4-4-12 and 2T at +0.3v (which is 2.1v according to everest) on a GA P35C DS3R. also at a 1:1 ratio with my q6600 at 3.2ghz.

i'm having some problems with windows start up, it's saying memory dump and black screens of death.

my reasoning for the RAM problem is the tRFC setting. all the other settings (not counting timings) are at auto. apart from the tRFC setting, which is at the mobo's recommended setting of 42.

i just want to find out the recommended setting for tRFC, when it's at stock speeds. thanks.

Can you please document the exact model and revision of the DRAM.

ie.

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 v2.2

TWIN2X4096-6400C4 v1.1

I would set the tRFC to Auto as well. There should be no motherboard recommended setting for any of these values. There should be Auto which reads from the SPD or manual which you personally insert.

Can you please document the exact model and revision of the DRAM.

ie.

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 v2.2

TWIN2X4096-6400C4 v1.1

I would set the tRFC to Auto as well. There should be no motherboard recommended setting for any of these values. There should be Auto which reads from the SPD or manual which you personally insert.

it's the 1024 6400c4 v2.1

i'm going to try the BIOS optimized defaults. see what setting the mobo places on it.

i can't actually set one of the settings to auto :/

set the mobo to optimized defaults. and saw that it had changed the setting to 0.

i wrote it down this time, it was called the refresh to ACT delay. if that means anything.

0 is correct. I would perform a fresh install of the OS to clear up any file corruption.

Download memtest from--->
Here

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before.

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)

CPU Clock Ratio = 9

CPU Host Clock Control = Enabled

CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) = 357Mhz

PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz

C.I.A.2 = Disabled

System Memory Multiplier = 2.3

DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual

CAS Latency Time = 4

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 4

RAS# Precharge = 4

Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 12

ACT to ACT delay = Auto

Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto

Refresh to ACT Delay = 0

Read to Precharge Delay = Auto

Memory Performance Enhance = Normal

Dimm OverVoltage Control = +.3V

PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.02

CPU Voltage Control = Auto

Robust Graphics Booster = Auto

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Archived