Corsair Community

iCue causes BSOD - iCue vs Link?

Johnny Gibson

Hi there all

I got a little problem that maybe someone can help me with.

I purchased 2X Corsair LL120 RGB White RGB PWM Fan Triple Pack w/Lighting Node Pro. I did not need them but they have a white housing and having a white PC build I convinced myself they were nearly as essential as the OS. Anyway they are still sitting in the unopened boxes because I didn't get that far. Preparing for the changeover I downloaded iCue 3.22.74 and installed it. Did not bother running it and carried on. I opened my google chrome and within 5-10 minutes I was looking a black screen. My power button is set to shut down but that was non responsive so after a while I had to kill the power or it would still be running. Did some research using my standby PC I keep for such occasions, started back up turned of MSI Afterburner. Riva etc and basically had the same thing happen. Uninstalled HWMonitor etc and then after a while ended up with a unprompted restart. I uninstalled iCue and all was back to normal. I then tried iCue 3.23.66 and did not do any better at all.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600, Asus Rog Strix B350-F Gaming MB, 32GB Teamgroup Dark Rog 3000 MHz ram, OS is on a Samsung SSD, SuperNOVA 750 G2 80 PLUS GOLD PSU

I noticed I am not the only one struggling with iCue but was wondering if I could use the Corsair Link software? Or if there is a known fix since I am only seeing the problem using google not many answers.

thanks

Okay so I tried Corsair Link 4 and it lasted about 5 mins and same thing happened, I booted Link off and then I tried iCue again this time turning off the Asus Aura and of course Afterburner. It installed okay and after a while 2 hours with no issue I opened Aura and changed the setting from temp to static and it has been running ever since. So I am thinking it is possible that having both Aura and iCue trying to be reading the temps might be throwing a spanner in the works. Or it could all head south again and just taking it's time.