Corsair Community

TX 850 fan won't spin

1Adm

Hi, have recently built a new PC and have noticed that my PSU fan does not spin. I read up and heard that the TX 850 fan does not spin unless necessary but the only problem is that my fan does not spin at all. Not even on start up.

It twitches, once then again around 20 seconds later. Only a small twitch, like it's trying to spin but is suddenly stopped.

Can anyone here offer any help as to what's wrong? Would be much appreciated if you could.

Update: Just ran a Prime 95 street test, the PSU fan did not turn on. The unit is now barely warmer than my hand (which is rather cold!). Although I'm still concerned and the lack of spin on start up is the worst.

The TX series IS fanles at low loads and temps. So what your seeing is normal. Depending on the system config it's possible you might never see it spin.

Run Prime 95 and Furmark both at the same time and that should be enough to get the fan running. It will ned to get temps up to around 49c and or 40% load. And it could be any combination of the two before the fan will spin.

Since the unit is barely warm even under Prime that would suggest everything is okay.And as long as the system is stable I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks, wasn't really worried about it not being on normally as the system in pretty chilly inside thanks to my cooling system, the scottish weather!:p:

Was more concerned that the fan didn't seem to move at all when the computer starts up, thought it would definitely do a systems check and make sure it was ok.

Will follow your advice though and download Furmark and give it a shot. Hopefully things won't blow up!

Archived