Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine. Win10

scarecrow88

Hey guys,

Ever since installing Windows 10 I have been having massive issues with Corsair Utility Engine or just the mouse drivers itself.

Every time I uninstall CUE and re-install it everything works fine. I can assign macros to my M65. I can re-assign the buttons and it all works fine.

As soon as I start my computer up again. It all goes to ****. CUE claims it can see the M65 but none of my assigned buttons or macros work.

I should NOT have to re-install the software every time I start up my machine. My bloody mouse is being displayed in Device Manager as 4 x HID Compliant Mouse.

When is Corsair going to acknowledge and fix these issues?

When is Corsair going to acknowledge and fix these issues?

They know there are issues, and they're trying to figure them out.

I've seen some odd issues with mice as well. My M65 and Scimitar have no problems on my computer, but my wife's computer has problems with the Sabre. On occasion, when waking from sleep, CUE reports that the mouse is malfunctioning, and re-plugging it fixes the issues. I'm still trying to figure out details, though... it might be a faulty USB port.

That's actually the sole reason I haven't installed Windows 10 yet.

Most people, I imagine, are loath to wipe their entire computer and have to reinstall everything simply because their Corsair keyboard software can't handle upgrading versus a clean install.

I was hoping when they released the versions that supported Win 10, that this would be one of the things addressed. Since I still see people recommending clean installs though I'm assuming that isn't the case.

I'm checking every day here waiting for them to finally say "Yay upgrades work too!" Until then, Windows 7 works just fine.

I upgraded from 7 to insider 8 builds, to 8 RTM, to 8.1, to insider 10, and am still on the latest insider build. None of these upgrades involved formatting, and everything still runs perfectly.

I know some people aren't as lucky, but I really wonder what's causing some of these issues.

I'm with you Elestriel. I'm curious what causes it on some peoples upgrades.

It's good to hear you had a successful upgrade work though, as I don't see many success stories for upgrades and yet most people probably upgraded.

If I see more people with no problems from upgrading I might take a chance.

I'm with you Elestriel. I'm curious what causes it on some peoples upgrades.

It's good to hear you had a successful upgrade work though, as I don't see many success stories for upgrades and yet most people probably upgraded.

If I see more people with no problems from upgrading I might take a chance.

there are a lot of factors but some likely causes is,

1. Windows upgrade didnt do it job correctly so some software will still think its on windows 8 or 7.

2. they had software installed that cant be upgraded.

3. window was never meant to be upgraded like this. The upgrade from 7 to 8 a few years back was also like this.

here my advice, do a upgrade get your key and then do a clean install because the odds are youll be running to a bug with just an upgrade.

No upgrade problems here, CUE runs exactly as it did for me under 8.1. My 8.1 install was fresh and only a few months old however, so that might have helped my particular instance. I suppose the older your installation is the more likely it is to have issues - more junk piled up, old drivers still hanging around -etc. Windows upgrades have always been a bit sketchy, but in my experience this upgrade to win10 was the smoothest I've ever done. Of course YMMV.

If you're having problems you could try clearing out the corsair stuff in AppData/Roaming after uninstalling. You'll have to start fresh with your profiles, but its better than an all-out reinstall of the OS. There are also some corsair-related entries in the registry you could try deleting.

Archived