Corsair Community

Windows 10 not detecting my H110i GT

Asu

Edit: Thought I'd update this one last time. I tried using an external USB port and everything worked fine. Support then sent me a new internal USB cable and everything is working now.

Heyy

I got a new H110i GT back today after the pump on the last one failed. I also

decided to update to a newer version of CL. But after uninstalling the old CL,

my windows can no longer detect the H110i GT:

-> Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I tried going back to the old version of CL but that didn't help either. I also

tried the uninstall -> power down for 2 minutes, etc that has been suggested

in other threads with the same problem. So far nothing helped.

Since it was kinda working before uninstalling the old CL I'm pretty sure it's

not the USB plug or the cable. By kinda working I mean that I was able to

change settings and those new settings would apply after rebooting (fan

speed, led color). But as I said, even with the old CL it is no longer possible as Windows can't detect the H110i GT.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Regards

Asu

Edited by Asu

my windows can no longer detect the H110i GT:

-> Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Until this is resolved no version of CL or any other software will detect the H110iGT.

Try using a different USB port and using Device Manager to uninstall the problem device.

Until this is resolved no version of CL or any other software will detect the H110iGT.

Try using a different USB port and using Device Manager to uninstall the problem device.

Hey

I uninstalled via Device Manager but that didn't help.

I also uninstalled and then tried a different USB port

but that didn't help either.

Any other suggestions?

0. A comparable problem is exist here (german):

Link Devices is the H115i.

maybe it will help @red-ray.

No really, the H115i is a very different device to the H110iGT.

Any other suggestions?

I am starting to suspect that your H110iGT is faulty.

If you post the SIV [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] these should provide more insight.

I am starting to suspect that your H110iGT is faulty.

If you post the SIV [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] these should provide more insight.

Hoping that is not the case since I just got this one yesterday.

I've attached the USB Bus and Link Devices below.

1866477687_usbbus.thumb.PNG.039935ade3c9122251649cf04f7ad2f0.PNG

605450593_linkdevices.thumb.PNG.05ffcd8304a2ee0de8b4a9a913b03163.PNG

attachment.php?attachmentid=25856&d=1468497673

attachment.php?attachmentid=25857&d=1468497680

Looking at [uSB Bus] then there is a hardware issue with [Port 0.8] and [Link Devices] shows that the H110iGT was connected to port 8 and is currently offline. Given this I expect the H110iGT is faulty.

Request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and see what they say. Remember to upload your original invoice.

I suspect they may offset you a H110i which is latest version of the H110iGT.

1. if there are difference between H115i and the H110iGT: have you any idea, why a "comparable" situation exist? (I guess)

All CoolIT coolers such as the H110iGT are HID devices and use the standard HID driver.

All Asetek coolers such as the H115i are USB devices and use the SIUSBXP driver. I would need to see what [uSB Bus] + [Port n.n] report for the H115i to comment further. I suspect that also has a hardware issue, but a different one. My guess is that the SIUSBXP driver told Windows that the hardware is faulty.

• 1 month later...

I've got a potential solution.

I know this is an old thread, but I just went through this issue. I'll post my solution in case anyone wanders through here.

I was getting the Device Descriptor Request Failed with the link cable. I powered down and used a regular USB to attach it to an external port, and that worked. So I powered down, switched back to the link that goes to the mobo header, and nothing again. At this point I was a little frustrated, so I thought, I'll just use the external USB to set the RGB color on the damn thing, then switch back to the proper link cable and wait for Corsair to patch it.

This is where I got stupid. Impatiently, instead of powering down my unit, I did the swap with Windows running and Link up. I figured it's just USB, what could go wrong? So I set the RGB color, then switched the cable back to the Link cable. For the record, I DID NOT remove the end of the Link cable from my motherboard. I just had the end that goes into the CPU Cooler removed.

Anyways, after swapping it with Windows on, Link now showed two H110i's. That means it was recognizing my cooler via the proper Link cable. I did a quick reboot, and now Link shows just one cooler, and everything works as it should.

TL:DR - With Windows on, unplug the Link cord from the Cooling unit, and plug in a regular USB cord to one of your external USB ports. Once Windows properly installs the drivers and you see it in the Link software, switch back to the proper Link cable. You'll now see two Coolers in the Link software. Reboot and you're good to go.

• 1 year later...

TL:DR - With Windows on, unplug the Link cord from the Cooling unit, and plug in a regular USB cord to one of your external USB ports. Once Windows properly installs the drivers and you see it in the Link software, switch back to the proper Link cable. You'll now see two Coolers in the Link software. Reboot and you're good to go.

THIS!!! Completely solved the problem. So simple to do and worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have another solution besides the tip from our colleague above.

After a lot of research, I did it!

The solution is simple, uninstall Corsair Link actual and install version v4.7.0.77, exchange the usb for another internal or external (Mini USB (V3) for USB) and you're done. The drive will be installed.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.7.0.77.zip

Thank you AquaGoat!