Corsair Community

Quick Question about H60 / H80i

xvartframtid

Hello! I'm new. I've planned to write a post about a problem that I have encountered with my computer (which I suspect is the result of my H60 cooling system breaking down after 7 years of hard work), but am currently at work, so I will start with this question:

Does the H60 and the H80i v2 (roughtly the same dimensions if i'm not mistaken) require the same amount of power?

I am not very well-versed in power and voltage, but I have a 450W SFX power supply in my pc (it's a lil guy) and so do not want to replace my broken (?) h60 with something that will draw too much power.

Thanks!

None of these AIO pumps draw more than a handful of watts. It's not a significant drain on the PSU, regardless of size.

However, the dimensions and operation of the H80i v2 are quite different to your H60 (2013). It's still a 120x120mm square, but it's 50mm thick on the radiator plus two more 25 fans for an effective 100mm thickness. That is a lot to account for. It's also an "i" cooler so it was mean to be used in conjunction with the Corsair CUE software.

There is also a revamped H60 (2018) that would be very similar to what you have now and work in the same way. The exception is I believe the newer H60 now gets it's power directly from the PSU via SATA rather than pull it from the motherboard headers.

Thanks a lot! That's quite useful to know. I think I will try to obtain an H60 (2013) or the newer version (I can't quite tell which one is for sale on my local "craigslist", but I will try to pick it up later today).

I haven't yet had a chance to examine how my H60 is powered (if it's SATA or PWM), but i think it's probably the latter, given it's age.. hopefully i'll have the right cables to hook up a new one!

I will update later, either here or in a new post. For now, thanks a lot for the help!

You surely have the 2013 version with power from the MB header. One way to tell the 2018 version apart is will have a grey/silver bezel around the block and it lights up static white. Your 2013 version should be plain black.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Single-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H60-%282018%29-120mm-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060036-WW