Corsair Community

Cable guide question and also question about both my Corsair PSU startup twice

Smarfx

Hi there!

Question one: I have both an HX1200i and also an RM1000i and from what I understand from the Corsair cable Guide, they both use the same cable setups?

Reason for my question is that I want to try my old RM1000i and switch it with the HX1200i without having to replace any cables, is it safe to do that?

Question 2: Both my PSU act a little strnage in same chassi. they both startup the PC, then it shutdowns and restart again and everything is working fne, but never experienced somerthing like that before. Is that normal or something I should look into?

Thank you

Daniel

• Corsair Employee
Hi there!

Question one: I have both an HX1200i and also an RM1000i and from what I understand from the Corsair cable Guide, they both use the same cable setups?

No. The cable guide shows that the HXi 24-pin cable is Type 3 and the RMi 24-pin cable is Type 4. Other than this, all of the other cables are the same.

Question 2: Both my PSU act a little strnage in same chassi. they both startup the PC, then it shutdowns and restart again and everything is working fne, but never experienced somerthing like that before. Is that normal or something I should look into?

That's your motherboard. Not your PSU.

If you just shut down from Windows and then start up later, it shouldn't do this. But if you turn off the PSU, unplug it, turn it off from a power strip, etc., then you discontinue +5VSB from the PSU to the motherboard and the motherboard loses it's memory profile settings. So the motherboard POSTs once, autimatically sets the memory, then cycles again into an actual full POST so it can boot into the OS.

No. The cable guide shows that the HXi 24-pin cable is Type 3 and the RMi 24-pin cable is Type 4. Other than this, all of the other cables are the same.

I forgot to clarify that my HX1200i is platinum and then its the same cables?

That's your motherboard. Not your PSU.

If you just shut down from Windows and then start up later, it shouldn't do this. But if you turn off the PSU, unplug it, turn it off from a power strip, etc., then you discontinue +5VSB from the PSU to the motherboard and the motherboard loses it's memory profile settings. So the motherboard POSTs once, autimatically sets the memory, then cycles again into an actual full POST so it can boot into the OS.

aha, thank you! Was wondering what was going on.

Thanks for fast reply johnnyguru. :)

The only HXi there is is 80 PLUS Platinum.

Look at it again: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

RMx and RMi have an orange dot on "Type 4 - 24-pin ATX".

HXi has a red dot on "Type 3 - 24-pin ATX".

Thank you, I see it now. So I will Exchange the 24-pin when I switch psu and the rest of the cables van still be olugged in.

Thanks for The help and making me look again, could a disaster otherwise I guess. 👍😀