Corsair Community

NEW! Corsair H100x Logo fading..pic included

fallingstarcore

I literally just bought this and there is thermal paste in between the CPU and the pump. It is cooling great, 29c-30C on idle or watching youtube. Did CPU stress test and close to 10 min and hit 61c. any ideas? As long as it cools thats all i care. Kind of a bummer... more of a bummer I had to mess w/ all my cables as they were int he right spot and I notice this and I take everything apart...

Is my pump failing? cause it is almost a outline of the CPU where the color is fading?

IMG_2514.thumb.jpg.337b5f9c2dd9b13dc87c7a8be4cf5489.jpg

I have no idea what that is, although I think TIM is unlikely. Those pieces are physical secluded from each other. Looks like the finish on the inside of the pump cap did not set right when the pump was cast or was later exposed to something that eroded it. Take it back. The H100x should have a nice, clean classic white logo.

Id love to but I will just save and buy another one. I love corsair, this is the first item that has done that. K 70 keyboard, h60 headset, corsair h100x, two corsair RM 850, corsair case, spec 05, two 16 gig sticks of vengeance, Corsair RBG fans x3, corsair commander pro. Ill use this cooler and not use the stock cooler I have that came with the i9. I have spent alot and saved a long time just to have the rig I have for VR.

The cooling seems to work, but this bummed me out. It literally happened over two days. I have had it for the past 20 days. Thank you for responding.

This happened while it was installed??? That is weird. I don’t see any way for foreign material to get in there. Heat from LED ruined the decal? Now I am guessing, but I have never seen this before and certainly not a rapid change like that. Keep an eye on things.

This happened while it was installed??? That is weird. I don’t see any way for foreign material to get in there. Heat from LED ruined the decal? Now I am guessing, but I have never seen this before and certainly not a rapid change like that. Keep an eye on things.

I do not know if you were curious. But I took it all off to see what was happening and the paste was stiff and sort of flakey. I wiped it off using a Q-tip and alcohol and added the silver paste. The tried and true method.. arctic silver. The copper piece was shiny and new still. the CPU seemed fine. Rechecked all the connections and plugged them all back in. just to make sure they are seated correctly. I have the 3 pin to the cpu fan header, the Y split cable to the system 1 fan, and the sata cable on its own dedicated sata cord. I had just one that was powering a corsair commander, SSD and the pump. I have the extra room so lets see if that fixes something.