Corsair Community

Corsair Link Bug with Corsair Neutron XT

xplode-bg

Corsair Link have weird bug on displaying temperature of Corsair Neutron XT drives. It displays two temperatures for the drive, one which i assume is the actual one(in Aida64 temperature for that drive matches this one) and the second one which is always 100ºC. Is this fixable?

http://i66.tinypic.com/nnqm9y.jpg

It displays two temperatures for the drive, one which i assume is the actual one(in Aida64 temperature for that drive matches this one) and the second one which is always 100ºC. Is this fixable?

It's nothing new and is the same with CL3, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421

CL3 also reported two temperatures for the same drive, but it was less obvious.

Yes i can confirm that i have the same issue in CL3 too. I wonder how they will fix it. Either by SSD firmware update or CL update(if they fix it at all).

I suspect the root cause may be with the CPUID SDK that CL3 + CL4 use.

Does HWM also report the 100°C? Is so I suspect the best way to get this fixed is to report it as a bug in HWM and if the CPUID SDK guys fix HWM then the same fix should be in a later CPUID SDK that a future CL4 uses.

OK here it is....

attachment.php?attachmentid=24260&stc=1&d=1454930169

What do you make of it from that?

I see the data reading at 100 for SSD Life Left so i would assume that IS what HWiNFO & CL4 is reading too.

I suspect there are 17 SMART attributes with a value of 100 and it could be any one of them.

But it would rule out it being a temp reading, yes?.

sivx64SMART.thumb.PNG.14f3bc538d934a15dd9ae9bd3e3f234d.PNG

I see the data reading at 100 for SSD Life Left so i would assume that IS what CL4 is reading too.

It could be any of the values that are 100. I know all the disk temperatures come via the CPUID SDK so only Franck can tell you which one it is.

Again does HWM also report the 100°C? Is so I suspect the best way to get this fixed is to report it as a bug in HWM and if the CPUID SDK guys fix HWM then the same fix should be in a later CPUID SDK that a future CL4 uses.

Does the drive ever report other than 30.0°C? I suspect this is not a real temperature, but a constant.

does HWM also report the 100°C? Is so I suspect the best way to get this fixed is to report it as a bug in HWM and if the CPUID SDK guys fix HWM then the same fix should be in a later CPUID SDK that a future CL4 uses.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24261&stc=1&d=1454931667

Does the drive ever report other than 30.0°C? I suspect this is not a real temperature, but a constant.

I've never seen it change for the SSD in any software readings, while next to it my mechanical drives can variate from 25°C to 40°C.

HWM.PNG.ef372c903724399ab9714087df579a22.PNG

Thank you. This shows beyond reasonable doubt the issue is within the CPUID SDK. I suggest both of you report this via http://www.cpuid.com/contact.html and ask for HWM to be corrected.

I know that Corsair should be doing this for you, but doing it yourselves is likely to be more effective, especially so if several report this.

I now expect the 30°C is a constant.

Hi everyone,

The temps showing on CLINK is only displaying the data that it is receiving from that specific drive. In this case the Neutron XT is displaying 30°C and 100°C, the numbers may or may not be accurate but that's the data that the XT is providing. From what I was told, it is a FW thing and may be fixed in the future. But this is not an issue with CLINK.

The temps showing on CLINK is only displaying the data that it is receiving from that specific drive. In this case the Neutron XT is displaying 30°C and 100°C, the numbers may or may not be accurate but that's the data that the XT is providing. From what I was told, it is a FW thing and may be fixed in the future. But this is not an issue with CLINK.

I know that Corsair should be doing this for you, but doing it yourselves is likely to be more effective, especially so if several report this.

Looks like I was correct, I disagree with Corsair Chris and I still expect this is a bug in the CPUID SDK which Corsair need to ask the suppliers to fix. I estimate it would take less than 5 minutes for me to fix this were it a SIV issue.

SIV does not report this phantom temperature of 100°C so CL4 should not. Look at the screen shot in POST ID # = 835666, there is no temperature of 100°C in the SMART data.

Below is another set of SMART data, where does it report 100°C?

I have just checked http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/neutron-series-xt-960gb-sata-3-6gbps-ssd for the datasheet that will I assume specify which SMART attributes the Corsair Neutron XT SSD supports, but was unable to locate it. Please can you tell me the URL where I can download this from?

I have just got a reply to an e-mail and after checking found the that SIV contains the following code which 100% confirms this as a CPUID SDK issue.

case 0xE7: return    ssd ?   TEXT( "SSD Life Left"                        )
                            :   TEXT( "Drive Temperature"                    );

attachment.php?attachmentid=24292&stc=1&d=1455177053

243728799_CorsairNeutronXTSSD.thumb.png.b437578f87eabceaca4f31f2659ea161.png

Archived