Corsair Community

Force 3, "Windows cannot be installed to disk" please help

P-zack

Hey!

Bought a corsair force III 120 GB SSD and found out that the firmware was malfunctioning but were redirected here. I followed the updated instructions, enabled ahci in bios, formatted it and made a clean install of win 7 64-bit. Did the firmware update and next time a rebooted it wouldn’t boot. I went into the win 7 boot cd and formatted it and then when I was gonna go to the next step.. I saw this;

cannot be installled to disk 0 partion 1 (show details)

(clicked it)

Windwos cannot be installed to disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios.

I switched to IDE and it this wouldn’t appear. I have tried these things;

Installing it on IDE and trying to enable AHCI after installation (Link)

I have tried to disconnect all other drives including the optical drive and trying to install it with USB.

Update the chipset and ahci/raid sata driver both on the drive and in the installation menu (lastest option only with ahci/raid sata driver)

NOTHING worked Please help I really want to be able to install my SSD in AHCI mode

• 3 weeks later...

Increase your SouthBridge voltage up a notch. If it still doesn't want to install do another one until it want to install. If the voltage is too high and the BIOS makes it yellow or red go back to defaults.

-If the voltage method did not work change SATA ports and Cable.

Archived